Tuesday, 1 May 2007

Zebra and 4" x 4" swap (no, I'm not joining the Chelsea set!)


I made this card last night for the 'make a cut' rubber stamp challenge on Carolyn's, using a Rubbadubbado zebra stamp that I've had for a while and not used. The card is cut away on the right (the stripy band is inside).

Today I've been finishing off five 4" x 4" for a swap on UKStampers. We were asked to use at least one of the following on each one: something sheer (I used acetate), metallic, embossing (I used dry) and alcohol inks (which I love playing with).

These are the results (with big apologies for the awful photos - thought I'd get my digi camera out so that results would be better than scans, because of bits sticking up, but, ummmm, maybe I should stick with scanning! Some of them don't even look square on here, but IRL they are!):



This one was using red pepper and pearl alcohol inks and the embossed square has been done with one of the cuttlebug embossing dies.


This one uses a blend of red pepper, mushroom and a hint of butterscotch alcohol inks and the corner pieces are metallic.


This one is an acetate that was already embossed with the silver leaves, to which I then added the various flowers (some are metallic) with brads.



This piece of acetate already had silver flowers embossed on it. I lightly daubed the acetate with wild plum alcohol ink and then mounted on an embossed silver square, adding the brads and various flowers.


And the last one is a piece of silver metal, embossed with a cuttlebug folder, coloured with wild plum alcohol ink and studded here and there with purple jewels.