Tuesday, 6 November 2007

HS:MS 'sad' and 'excited'

Yesterday's prompt on HS:MS was:

'This week we are going to focus on emotions. We prompt you with one word and you translate it the best you can through your lens. Try hard as you can not to use a human face to reflect that emotion. For instance - Sad. A dying plant, a messy corner, mucky windows (we all have them at one point!)'

Because of all that's going on I didn't get round to doing a photo (couldn't even get to my camera).

To be honest, there is much sadness at the moment within our family, but not something that can be easily shared or photographed. I could take some pictures of the muddle that we are in at the moment, but that doesn't really constitute sadness.

Today's prompt is:

Excited: 'One of the most happiest of emotions. Whats exciting through your lens?'

I'll have to think about that one. I'm excited at the prospect of rooms being decorated - I think the room where I usually craft might be ready by this evening, so perhaps I'll be able to take some photos then, although I haven't got any new curtains yet, so I think the grotty ones that won't match will have to go up, unless I can get out this afternoon to get some.

Enough twittering! (too much in fact!)

Crafting under difficult circumstances

Do you ever wish you'd done something earlier, rather than leaving it till the last minute? There's a new circle journal over on Crafts by Carolyn and originally the first posting date was scheduled for some time ago, but because there were postal strikes the decision was taken to delay the first posting until today. Now, if the original posting date had been kept I know that I would have got on and done it on time, but, because there was a delay, the pressure was off.

And, of course, on Saturday late afternoon we heard that the decorators were starting yesterday. Because the first room to be done was the room where I craft I had to rescue what I might need and the rest has been inaccessible. Yesterday I really tried to get on and finish my CJ, but nothing seemed to go right. I even had my robo on the dining table with my laptop, but what I wanted to do didn't turn out right. So even last night the CJ wasn't ready.

We had to be up early this morning, so I've managed to get it done - was even able to sneak in the room and rescue my camera and a few necessary bits.

So I apologise to the lovely people in my group that my CJ isn't very well decorated. I used material on the covers and the papers used are a mixture of mainly English Paper Company and Anna Griffin. The lettering on the front was from my recent purchase of decorated chipboard letters from QVC - they happened to arrive on Friday so they were nice and handy.









Tags have been added into the pockets on these pages.