Sunday, 4 August 2013

Simply girly


A simple card made with some deep pink mirror card run through my cuttlebug with a crafts-too embossing folder, on to which I've stuck the delicious padded handbag and shoes, mounted on to a black card blank.


This is for:

Cardmaking mamas 73: black, white plus 1 colour
Cuttlebug mania: clean and simple
Cuttin and stampin 30: clean & simple cards
Card crafters circle 86: dotty for spots
In the pink 25: hot pink
4 crafty chicks 153: bling
Divas by design: favourite colour combination - I love hot pink with black and white
Totally papercrafts 178: inspired by a song: Boogie shoes - KC and the Sunshine Band

Notebook for school


This is a notebook for school - I hesitate to put 'back to school' because when I was a teacher I used to hate seeing those signs in the shops as soon as we'd broken up for the holidays.

Anyway, a simple notebook using an offcut of card and some Poundland stickers from a long time ago.


This is for:

Pixie's crafty snippets week 84
Eclectic ellapu: school theme
Pile it on 31: school time
Kittty bee Aloha Friday 5: school
Mema's August: anything goes with back to school
Creative moments 22: anything but a card
Shelly's terrifically thrilling Thursday August: oh scrap - use scraps
Card crafters circle 86: dotty for spots
One stop craft 237: keep it simple
Creative inspirations 225: anything goes

If at first you don't succeed ...


... try, try, try again ... and again!!

Having had a disaster with my first attempt using gilding flakes (it wasn't really the gilding flakes that was a problem, more the stamping on the acetate, but admittedly I made quite a mess with the flakes!). The first thing I tried was stamping the Clarity hummingbirds image on to a piece of acetate that already had silver flowers on it (Dawn Bibby from long ago - about time I used some of it). I then rang the acetate through my xyron so that I would have adhesive on the back ready for the gilding flakes, but when I took the film off the xyron it took some of the ink off the image. I had a go with putting the gilding flakes on the adhesive and managed that, but with a right mess around me!

Having put that effort in the bin, I started to make another one, this time running the acetate through the xyron and gilding before stamping. I tried a few different ink pads without any real success - I couldn't find my black stazon (I might have even got rid of it because I know it wasn't very inky). Anyway, in the end I remembered that I could use Adirondack blending solution to take the ink off the acetate so I could start again, so this gave me some leverage to try different ink pads. I even rescued the failed attempt from the bin and swiped the image off the acetate.

In the end I settled for using teal blue stazon for the one on the left and ultramarine for the one on the right.

I've simple matted and layered these on to A6 card blanks.

It was difficult to get a photo because of the reflection on the acetate and the shine of the flakes - this is the best I could do:


These are for:

Facebook A card a day
Cuttin and stampin 30: clean & simple cards
One stop craft 237: keep it simple
Addicted to stamps 61: wonderful wings
Fashionista 18: wings
4 crafty chicks 153: bling
Addicted to stamps and more 56: anything goes
Inkspirational 31: anything goes
Created with love 52: anything goes
Creative creations 15: anything goes