My apologies for those who are visiting because I've linked for challenges - there are ten cards here altogether, so you may have to scroll down to see a card for a particularly link. I'm showing the ten cards together because for the 25th club on BF forum I said I would make ten cards every month. Well, 25 May came and went and I hadn't done any for this month. Gez chose the topic for May and this is what she said: 'For the month of May my challenge is to make Christmas cards using red & green as the main colours. & if you want to make the challenge more difficult how about making your own background for your card or some how incorporating a tag onto your design. & no not including a hippo! but you can include some inchies if you like for triple brownie points.'
Well, all of my cards are red and green and the other elements are all included, but not all on the every card.
1. Brenda Pinnick papers, including the cut inchies, background stamped with Clear artistic stamps 'sparkles bright & happy holidays'. The red glitter background provides texture for the current Delightful sketches challenge. The squares are good for Wednesday stamper: 'it's hip to be square' - they aren't stamped, but the background is.
The sketch is Inchie Inklings 6:
2. BG figgy pudding papers, 'seasons greetings' computer generated - hidden inside is a 'Happy Christmas' label. The diagonal has been cut, so the front of the card is a triangle. As I've not used any stamped images, but just the computer generated sentiment (nor on the next card), this is for Die cut dreams 49. This card has a tag on for Allsorts 53: 'tag/label' - so do cards 3 and 8. And Sparkle creations 25 calls for 'sentiment only' - OK for this card and the next.
There is ribbon the tag (sorry, not very visible here, but it is there!), so I'm linking for Bah! humbug 19: 'ribbon' - there is also ribbon on card 8 below.
I've used the sketch for Crazy4challenges 38 - I've also used this sketch for the next card - and Fab's big Christmas week 21 asks for a card cut on the diagonal and/or use modern Christmas papers - so this card and the next qualify for that:
3. BG figgy pudding and Papermania papers. The diagonal has been cut, so the front of the card is a triangle - here again I used the sketch for C4C 38:
4. Brenda Pinnick and BG figgy pudding papers, Inkadinkado reindeer stamp embossed with gold detail. - just right for Quixotic 27: 'emboss it!' (and so is the next card) and also for Just us girls 35: 'dry embossing'. For this card I used the sketch for Crafty Sentiments 19 - I also used this for the next card:
5. BG figgy pudding papers, Inkadinkado reindeer stamp embossed with gold detail - I used the sketch again from Crafty Sentiments 19:
6. BG figgy pudding papers (using up scraps) and Rubber stampede 'santa collage' stamp, one of my all-time favourites - which is why I'm linking for Crafty creations 69: 'use your favourite stamp - stamped with warm red chalk ink. For this card I used Sketch girl 18:
7. Unknown paper strip (free with a magazine long ago, I think), Magenta stamp coloured with copics, stars from stash. For this I used sketch 65 on Card Patterns:
8. Background free card from PDA, Papermania Merry Christmas strip, Dovecraft tag and corners. The sketch used is Stamping 411 152:
9: Unknown paper with inchies cut from Brenda Pinnick paper. I've used the sketch for CPS 168:
10. Tim Holtz idea-ology retro grunge papers, including the squares, distressed with worn lipstick and fired brick inks; PM swirls stamped with fired brick; The distressing makes this OK for challenge 40 on Stampin' sisters in Christ, Creative inspirations 62: 'distressed' and I think this is also OK for ABC 'V for vintage' and Create4fun 21: 'make a vintage card'. It's also for Fab's 19: 'inking'.
Dovecraft stickers on squares. I've used the sketch on Sweet Sunday 70:
Most of these cards are fine, I think, for:
Corrosive 65: 'clean and simple'
Spoon full of sugar 105: 'celebrations'
Cas-tastic 5: 'a touch of green'
Susie & Vikki's Christmas club 18: 'anything Christmas'