Saturday, 11 April 2009

365 cards day 41: feel better Friday

Day 41 challenge on 365 was to make a 'get well' card with five flowers on it. I wasn't sure whether to count the layered blooms as one or not, so I did, so there are at least five flowers on my card.

The flowers were still on my worktop from making the Diamond wedding card, so I thought the background papers went well (the papers were a magazine freebie - been in the box for far too long!)

Btw, it's the scan that's crooked, not the card.

365 cards day 39: Wacky color Wednesday

The idea for day 39 on 365 was to use orange, purple and green on a card - it couldn't have been simpler with this DCWV paper for a base:


365 cards day 37: DIY dress up some chipboard

Having made the Diamond Wedding card earlier, I just had to make another card, so I decided to catch up with 365 (I'm a whole week behind now), so this is for day 37, using BG ambrosia papers for background and for covering the chipboard flowers, with distressed and inked edges.


Diamond wedding anniversary

I was asked to make a Diamond Wedding Anniversary card for a lady and her husband who has been a member of our WEF at church for many years. I think I'm safe in showing it here because I don't think the lady concerned comes on to the internet. If by any chance you do, Audrey, then please look away NOW!!!

The background paper is a pastel rainbow effect with an overlay of a 'material' feel paper that has sparkly swirls woven into it. The scan doesn't do it justice and the light's too poor now to get a reasonable photo. I'm taking it tomorrow morning to give to the leader of WEF to pass around and have signed, but if I can I'll take a quick picture before I go.

This is an A4 size card so that the insert is big enough for everyone to sign.

You can get a better idea of the detail if you click on the picture to see it larger.




Now I've started crafting again I'm tempted to continue, but I really ought to be disciplined and carry on with sorting my craft stuff. This morning I spent time sorting out sentiments and 'relatives' (no, not the real ones!) and putting each category in a little bag and boxing them all up - took quite a time, but will save time when I want to find 'husband', for instance, I won't now have to rummage through all of them to find a suitable one: