Saturday, 27 December 2008

One Stop Craft + Sketch Saturday

On One Stop Craft challenge blog the current challenge 9 is '3 is the magic number'. I've used three patterned papers (K & Co Addison), 3 small blooms, 3 buttons (all from a PM mini embellishment kit). The ivy stamped image is Whispers and was stamped with library green and coloured with copics.

I also used sketch 26 from Sketch Saturday



as this week's challenge 31 is 'your choice' - choosing any of the SS sketches as the basis of a card.



ABC challenge 'U is for underneath'

The current challenge on ABC is 'U is for underneath' - We want you to interpret underneath however you choose, it can be images/objects underneath thinngs, or images hidden underneath tags etc. Let your imagination go wild.'

I've used some pieces I had left over from Dream Street papers that I got earlier in the year from a kit from BF.

The flap at the top lifts up to reveal the pocket, which in turn has the card tucked into it:







DCM traditional silver and gold

The current DCM challenge is 'traditional silver and gold', so here are four cards (sorry about the flash reflection on the photos, but impossible to take pictures of foil card without this happening) that use either gold foiling or silver.

These are pyramage cards that were part of a concept card kit I bought earlier in the year - these got put aside - tucked away on the keyboard shelf - to be used on a rainy day. Well it's not actually raining today, but I thought I'd use them!

The first card three cards have silver foiling on them and the last one has gold foiling (despite some of it looking silver with the flash):









The build up of the pyramage doesn't show here, but irl this dimension gives an additional feature to the cards.

And another silver one, this time just flat, no pyramage:




Sorting, tidying or making?

I'm not really sure today whether I'm sorting, tidying or making? In fact, it was going to be a sorting session, but I seem to be doing more making and certainly less tidying, because the more I make the more untidy everything becomes.

Underneath my work surface I have a pull out keyboard shelf - I don't use this for a keyboard, but to put bits and pieces for safe keeping until I might want to use them! Some of these have been there for quite some time, tucked away out of sight. I decided therefore that as part of the sorting and tidying I would use some of them on some cards (at last!).

So here are three cards I've made (so difficult to get photos when pearlised card is being used):







It wasn't intentional, but a colour theme seems to have emerged (which is good for matting and layering some of the pieces of paper and card).

It's done!

I've made John's birthday card - and it's not till Tuesday!

I feel I've let him down though - I wanted to make a rugby card because he loves it, but when I looked through my stock I could only find Jolly Nation background sheets and no decoupage ones, so I've used a different rugby decoupage with it. I printed on to BG cupcake blue paper and mounted with 3d tape.

It's a very simple card, but with John's poor vision it's best not to make it too complicated.



The current challenge on Kaboodle Doodle is 16: For the boys: 'This week the challenge is all about Males, we would like to see a creation aimed towards boys and/or men. Ok so it is quite a difficult one this week, but we are nearly at the end of the year so we thought we would give you a challenge.' So this card fits the bill for that.