Pages

Friday 7 March 2008

Diamond wedding card commission

The other day I was asked to make a Diamond wedding card for someone at church (she might be along to my sale tomorrow and collect it), so this afternoon I made this one:



and then realised after I'd made it that on the congratulations paper there were champagne glasses and I'm not sure whether the recipients might be tt and so it might be inappropriate.

So I thought I'd just make another one and that one could go in my general stock (and perhaps someone else tomorrow will need a Diamond wedding card - you never know!). The only trouble was that I wanted to use the same diamonte letters and found that I only had one 'D' left (even though I had three packets originally - 'D' had been in demand!) So I improvised and used the stem part of an 'L' with an upside-down 'C' - I think it worked:



Because of glare from flash, I had to scan rather than take photos (and there won't be time in the morning) - the '60' is silver, of course, irl, not black! The 'sticky up bits' have cast shadows on the surrounding papers, but you can get the general idea.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are pretty cards Hazel. The 'd' is very well done!! Isn't it always the way that the letter you want has gone.

    Hope the card sale went well today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever are you Mrs altering that letter???!!

    Love them both, and esp cos of all that bling lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great diamond cards. I had a similar dilemma yesterday with letters: I opened a new packet of swirly chipboard letters but they are so elaborate I couldn't make out which was the "s." I must have spent an hour combing through them and had to give up in the end! The things we go through....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great tip on how you made the D Hazel :)
    and love your cards esp love the one with the purple...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both lovely cards!!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated