Pages

Saturday 24 May 2008

CBC May Challenge 3: a project

Last Saturday, Sue gave wonderful instructions for making a match book to begin a project as part of the special challenge weekend on CBC. Throughout the weekend, further instructions were added for the remainder of the project.

I decided to leave this towards the end of the challenges.

As it's our wedding anniversary tomorrow, I thought I'd make the match book for John.

Most of those who read my blog (and I am grateful that you do) will know that John's guide dog, Josey, returned to Guide Dogs because of the problems John was having with his feet and other health issues - she is now early retired.

So this a special little book all about Josey (and one day soon I'll make one about Oscar - John's guide dog before Josey).

I'm not sure that I made the book exactly to the instructions. I put the brads inside to hold the pages and I put some velcro on the front to enable the book to be closed.



We were asked to incorporate a star into the 1st or 2nd page:





And a heart into the 3rd and 4th page:





and a button into pages 5 and 6:





Pages 7 and 8 had to incorporate wording:





I added a picture to the underneath piece:



Sue asked us to make a pocket and tags, on which we could do some journalling or other photos. There is some journalling on these tags (a bit soppy, so I'm not showing it):



and the back is very simple:



I mainly used papers and wording from K & Company Brookfield, plus other bits and pieces.

Thank you, Sue for such a wonderful challenge that enabled me to make something a little big special for John about his special friend that he still misses.

I have to confess that I couldn't wait till tomorrow, so I gave it to him a little while ago. It's not something he can easily see, but with the help of a magnifying glass or his CCTV machine he can appreciate it - and it's something he can keep and come back to.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift for your husband, the pictures of Josie brought a tear to my eye, what a wonderful dog. May I wish you and your husband Happpy Anniversary and many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure John will treasure this Hazel, it's beautiful.
    Happy Anniversary to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely little book,you've done really well with it :) what a great keepsake to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely Hazel, so glad that John is able to see and appreciate it with a little technological assistance - a special memento of a special friend. Happy anniversary to you both, I hope you enjoy your day {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely Hazel. It brought a lump to my throat! Those CCTV thingies are fab, we have one for students who need text enlarged. Hope you have a lovely day today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a lovely present for John, Hazel how very thoughtful of you. I have to admit that I too have a tear in my eye like Janette seeing those photos. It must have been very emotional making this.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely lovely present for John to remember his old friend by. It must have been hard and satisfying at the same time making it for him.

    Its also a lovely little matchbook and what fun to have to do certain things on each page. Hope you have had a lovely anniversary X

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great present, glad John could see it. And belated Anniversary wishes!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated