Pages

Monday 14 July 2008

100th Birthday Card

This is the first time I've been asked to make a card for a 100th Birthday. The recipient used to be a milliner, so I said I would make a large card in the shape of a hat. I only had a template for a small card, so I had to draw round it, scan, then enlarge and print out to use as a template with A3 card folded.

The background textured paper and the brads are DCWV. I printed the greeting and then used daisy sticky ribbons along the edges (the cut edges didn't look even enoug without it). The daisy ribbon looked a bit bare, so I stuck the little sparkly gems in the centre of each daisy (I had exactly the right number of the size I needed).

I cut A3 folded paper to make an insert and stamped and embossed a deep pink 'Happy Birthday' (but I admit that I wasted three sheets of A3 because I wasn't pleased with the stamping).

The person who asked for the card is coming to pick it up on Thursday - I just hope she likes it:






I don't usually double up on challenges, but as this is a special card I hope I can be forgiven. So itfits the Easy as 1, 2, 3, CBCC046 challenge on Carolyn's, the June 10 challenge on JB: I've got your number, and the DCM Got your number little extra midweek.

8 comments:

  1. It is fab, Hazel. I love the hippy chick flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Hazel. I love the background paper you used.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, how could she not like it?! Love the big flowers and look at all those sparkly bits - must have taken an age to stick on! Well done, a great special birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she will love it Hazel, it is absolutely fab!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a wonderful job with this card Hazel and I'm sure they will love it and appreciate all the work you've put into making it

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are fantastic love the flowers on the hat and the chalked one is gorgeous too.
    thanx for sharing.
    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this card is fantastic Hazel. Well done you.

    Traceyr :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated