Pages

Tuesday 18 November 2008

Blog inspiration + alcohol inks

I made this card last night for two challenges, but it has been very difficult to get a photo - last night was impossible with a flash and the weather now is so dull that it wasn't easy to get a daylight picture, but here it is anyway:



The challenge on Created Byhand was to make something using alcohol inks - I didn't need much persuasion, as I love playing with them. I used butterscoth, wild plum and meadow.

Challenge 60 on http://artygirlzchallengeblog.blogspot.com/was 'blog inspiration'. I took my inspiration from Crissi, who had shown an inchie set.

So I inked up a piece of holographic silver and chopped it into inchies that I then used on the card. The background is a BG sultry paper.

11 comments:

  1. really clever great colours why is it when I use them i get in SUCH A MESS!!! lol maybe I need to practise

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely. The inks go really well with the colours of the backing card.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great colours Hazel - I've not had my AIs out for ages - I love playing with them but not actually found a way to use what I do - so the bits of card generally end up in the bin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours Hazel, I've yet to play with the alcohol inks I bought last month, you've inspired me to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card Hazel. I have never tried alcohol inks before....I think they should go on my Christmas list after seeing this!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the one flower different from all the others! Nice AI background, I'm still resisting the urge to buy any though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely effect and nice to see them in inchies .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicest card I've seen in a long time by far! Just love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your inchies, I was looking at that challenge on artgirlz last night! Enjoy your choccie.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated