Pages

Friday 7 November 2008

CBC weekend challenge 1

Helen has organised a weekend challenge for the CBC forum, which started at 10:00 this morning with this challenge:

I would like you to make a Key Ring,
this can be made with a plastic key fob bought from a crafty shop or
you could alter one you have already.
Or even just use layers of a cereal packet stuck together with a eyelet
at the top with a hoop.

YOU MUST USE A STAMPED IMAGE
OR IF YOU DON'T OWN A STAMP
YOU CAN USE A PRINTED IMAGE

I made mine from scratch. I used two chipboard shapes - a flower and a heart and covered both sides of each with silver acrylic paint. I then stamped randomly with this stamp:



using Stazon. I coloured the middles of the flower and randomly on the stamped image with a whisper pink pen and then covered each side with glossy accents - I had to be very patient to allow one side to dry before doing the other side ... and afterwards I wondered why I hadn't used UTEE, which would have been much quicker - d'oh!

All I then had to do was punch holes with my cropadile and thread a chain through:




I needed a keyring, so this challenge was just right and, for a change, it's something I'm keeping for myself.

1 comment:

Your comments are very much appreciated