Pages

Saturday 10 January 2009

BG 17: chipboard

I love doing the BG challenges - love working with the papers. Today's challenge is to use chipboard. I stuck some BG paper on this little birdie and then cut round it with my Fiskars fingertip craft knife - I love using this - before I got it I used to hate using a craft knife. I managed to cut the bits in the middle and then distressed using my new BG precision file set (worth buying in my opinion - can get into those little places quite easily).

The papers are BG sugared (I think - have to confess that I had quite a few pads out, took the papers out and used them and now am not 100% sure whether they are from the sugared pad or another one - what I do know is that they are definitely BG!)

When I'd made the card the right side looked a bit bare, so I just cut out four of the flowers and stuck on.


14 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Hazel. I really love BG too although I rarely use it...I just stroke it LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, its definately Sugared ! I love these papers. Your card is gorgeous, I love birds and this one is so cute.

    Thank you for joining us in the BasicGrey challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, Hazel. I agree about the precision files they are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great papers and love that bird. it works well on there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Hazel, I love that cute birdie! Thanks for joining us this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card Hazel.

    Some of my favourite paper. Your birdie looks perfect too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card , Hazel ! Love the colors !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, I love the bird in the red!!! It really draws your eyes to it!!! Great job with this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card - love the birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card Hazel. Love the papers you used and like the way you've cut out the extra three flowers. You've covered the bird beautifully.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the birdie and the cut flowers are a great touch,adds dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful card Hazel and your little bird is so cute! Thanks for the tip re the file set, I've been thinking of getting it so I think I might now. I love how you added those extra flowers, great dimension and detail. Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated