Pages

Sunday 29 March 2009

365 cards day 29: Super Sketchy Sunday - Oriental

This is the sketch provided today on 365:

I decided to make an oriental card, which fits the challenge on Mixed Media Monday this week.

Most of the papers are DCWV Far East, except the more turquoise square which was a card blank from PDA that I cut up. The circles were cut on my cricut.


I enjoyed making this card, but can't believe how long it took me - it looks such a simple card, but by the time I'd cut the circles and worked it all out ... (I did change my mind on papers a few times).

As quite a few people have commented on the 'coins', I thought I'd add this to confirm that, yes, they really are coins.




9 comments:

  1. Hazel this is an AWESOME card!! the colors and the added (looks like) coins make this stand out above any i have seen today!! I almost passed on this sketch but after seeing your take on it I am inspired to give it a try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those coins!! great job on the sketch, hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic card, Hazel! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Hazel. Lovely colours. The circles look so effective althogether. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card HazeL! Are those coins or something on there? great textures and wonderful paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Hazel. Love the "coins". They really add a great element to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow
    the card is fabulous
    very great job
    greetings from germany
    iris

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated