Pages

Monday 16 March 2009

CBC Birthday Bash challenge 19

A few weeks ago I found some instructions to make a squash book, but only got as far as cutting and folding some copy paper to see how it went.

Over on CBC as part of the Birthday Bash celebrations, Jackie has given the instructions for a squash book for challenge 19. Jackie's instructions are so clear that it was fairly easy to make.

Mine is for Mum for Sunday - she always likes it referred to as 'Mothering Sunday' rather than 'Mother's Day' so I usually try to remember this. She loves violets - they remind her of her mum whose name was Violet (mum used to give her mum a little bunch of violets).

The card I've used is DCWV textured and the stamping has been done with Brilliance pearlescent purple and embossed with clear detail. Unfortunately, the stamping on the darker purple card doesn't show up here too well, but is better irl. The stamps are Dawn Bibby design Personal Impressions.

Front:

Back:
Inside:
Insideleft:
Inside middle:
Inside right:
Thank you, Jackie, for a great challenge with such clear instructions.
There are so many flowers on this that I'm also linking for Theme Thursday.

11 comments:

  1. I love the card Hazel, my favourite colours to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your book turned out great. I have made one before that did not turn out nearly is perfect as yours did and vowed I would never do one again. Perhaps with your inspiration I will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mum will love this Hazel...its so unusual and very pretty X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab book Hazel, it's lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely little book Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel

    What a gorgeous book - I'm sure your Mum will love it...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely - it's sure to go down well with your mum.
    I made one of these as a crop class a while back and used it for some old family photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you Mum will be chuffed as bunnies with this book Hazel. It's fab Hazel. XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty Hazel, I'm sure your mum will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, it's beautiful Hazel. Your mum will love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Hazel, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated