Pages

Sunday 10 May 2009

Acetate card

I bought a Dawn Bibby kit from QVC a long, long time ago and only used a bit of the acetate and certainly never made a whole card with any of it - I have quite a few A4 sheets of it.

So, when I saw the challenge on 365 cards for day 56: see through Saturday, I thought about it, but have only just got round to making it. This is also good for Double Dutch challenge 17: clear and simple.

I followed the sketch on Sketch and Stash - and this card qualifies because it uses something that I've had for ages and ages and never used till now.



I have to laugh, because I went to the trouble of cutting the lilac square across the middle to make the two triangles, as in the sketch - and then covered the corners with the leaves, so you can't see I did it!

The embellishments are all from the DB kit. I've stuck a plain piece of white card on the inside reverse of the card so it can be written on.


CBCC093 on CBC is 'sheer elegance' so I'm also linking for that, as it's a 'sheer' card.

8 comments:

  1. Wow i think this card is stunning

    luv Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job! I'm a huge fan of acetate cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to laugh with you Hazel, that is something that I would do as well ;o) Love your card, it's so stylish! Thank you for playing in the Double Dutch Challenge :D

    Hugs,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Hazel!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy again! This looks great, really classy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very classy and sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wish i could m ake cards like yours, i envy you ;o) its lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated