Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2009

'You are there ...

... and I am here'

This was the theme of day 66 on 365 cards: A Sentiment #2, which is the only challenge that I needed to catch up (with except today's and I haven't done that).

I deliberately left this one, thinking it would be a good card to make when John goes back into hospital, which he has today.

I've used Forever Friends papers and 3d stickers, so I'm linking for this week's challenge: buttons and bows (because the papers feature these).

Challenge 8 on Truly Scrumptious is 'to make a card with more than one fold', so this also qualifies for that. Challenge 64 on Paperminutes is also to make a 3-fold card.





And I know that I ought to be going to bed rather than sitting here, but I really wanted to get this done so I could take it to John tomorrow.

Update: I thought it would be a good idea to have an area to write my message without it being readily on show, so I've incorporated a flap up piece - it is fastened with velcro so it can be lifted up and then secured back down again:

17 comments:

  1. It's a lovely card Hazel, so different to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Hazel, your husband will love it. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Hazel - will be thinking of you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Hazel, love and hugs going out to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel this is adorable, beautifully done and a gorgeous sentiment.
    Best wishes to you both and healing hugs to John.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at TS.
    Hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww Hazel, that's soooo sweet - I bet he'll love this.

    Thinking of you both and sending my very best wishes for a speedy healing for John, and a gentle hug for you too

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much to this card Hazel you are clever. John will love it and what a great idea to have a secret area for your message.

    Love and a speedy recovery for John. x :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Hazel. Love your images.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Truly Scrumptious.

    Hugs Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis beautiful Hazel & very special. Perfect for John. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card and a lovely thought - hope everything goes OK today {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Hazel. Love the images and the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at TS this week. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fabulous card,
    I'm sure he will love it,

    Thanks for joining us this week on the Forever Friends Challenge, hope to see you aigan soon ;o)

    Crafteresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww how cute - I love those bears - so sweet and love the papers too!

    thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card for the TS challenge!!! Love the papers and the bears are adorable!!! Thanks for playing in the TS challenge!!!

    Danita

    ReplyDelete
  15. your card is so lovely! thanks for joining the ff-challenge. sandra

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated