Pages

Thursday 18 June 2009

Another commissioned card

I've been asked to make a card for a friend's grandson's 6th birthday, featuring a rocket.

This fits in with a few challenges:

365 day 108: 'oh boy!' - masculine birthday card, but not for an adult
Everybody art 43: 'numbers'
Mixed Media Monday: 'numbers'
Paperplay week 21: 'give it a twist' - 'Use your supplies in an unexpected way
For example, pink card for men, title in Braille, clock faces instead of the letter "O", anything with a twist!' - my twist is using a pink birthday sentiment on a boy's card, because it matches parts of the rocket. I also decorated the back of the card as well as the front.

I've used a K & Co Donna Ingermanson paper from the Rough and Tumble range. I scanned the rocket and increased its size. I didn't have a number 6 to match, so I inked and embossed a naked chipboard one. I also inked the birthday sentiment (it was originally a pale lilac).

I used some more of the paper to decorate the back of the card:


If you haven't left a comment for my blog candy, please take a look here and join in - less than a week to go now - and you've got to be in it to win it!

7 comments:

  1. Great card, love how you did the rocket and those papers are gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card will be loved by the receipient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute take on a boy card. That pattern paper is perfect! Thanks for playing along

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated