Pages

Friday 23 October 2009

Haven't I seen that somewhere before?

I made lots of cards today - all sorts - birthday, sympathy, get well etc etc ... and some more Christmas cards, ready for the church mini market tomorrow. I got to the stage this afternoon where I just wanted to put a few more together and had one or two bits and pieces that were suitable to be used - don't often do this, but decided to do a bit of recycling, as called for on Saturday's Workout 77: 'recycle it'.

The theme this week on Die Cuts R us is 'an earth friendly challenge' - well, I'm not sure whether I've interpreted this in the way that was envisaged, but to my mind recycling is very 'earth friendly', so I'm linking for that.

The pictures used on these cards were all recycled - the rest of the materials used weren't.

The 'music' paper is English Paper Company, the paper on the 3rd card is Dovecraft, the fourth card background greetings is vellum (I ran it through my xyron so it stuck perfectly on the embossed card blank).

Challenge 9 on Stampin' sisters for Christ is based on Luke 2:11: 'Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.' 'The challenge is to make a card or project featuring the nativity or other religious theme about Christ's birth.' - most of these cards fit the bill for that.

The third card is good for challenge 19: 'winter wonderland' this week on Die Cut Dreams.






15 comments:

  1. Recycling is very earth friendly so I say go for it ! :) Thanks for joining us again at DCRU! Your cards are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel,

    All of your cards are lovely. I especially like that you chose to recycle your cards. What a great way to save money and trees.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LVOE the way you did these! We are so glad to have you back at DCRU DT Blog!! Thanks for sharing and playing!!- Sammye Jo DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards!
    I wish that I had saved my past Christmas cards! This is a brilliant idea :)
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at DCRU!
    ~ margie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what lovely cards, you've been busy. Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I wish I could make this many cards in a day. Well done you. All so lovely too, thanks for joining us at DCD this week

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Hazel! You are the Queen of Cardmaking! I always love visiting your blog and seeing your creations!
    Hugs
    Amber (DCRU DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your cards have such a nice simple grace about them. Thanks for participating in the SSCC challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very classy cards, really beautiful. Thank you for joining the DCD challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous selection of Christmas cards Hazel, super images and papers.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Thanks for joining in the DCD challenge this week
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! So many beautiful cards. What a great ministry for your church.

    Thanks for entering them in our challenge this week at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hazel congrats on your win at DCRU! Loved all your cards! So earth friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing them with us at SSCC!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated