Pages

Thursday 21 January 2010

Thoughts of spring ...

If you've read my previous post you'll know that Kaz came to visit this morning and she has gone away thinking that she needs a cricut - yes, you do, Kaz. And, if you read this, you'll see that for this card I've used a free svg download (from Images by Heather) to produce edging around the yellow card very similar to that achieved with the punches you brought along to show me (which I was getting all set to buy - and then thought I'd investigate if there was anything similar available to use with Make the cut for the cricut.

I used Fiona's sketch for this week's challenge on Stampin' for the weekend:

My card has a 'spring' feel to it, which is good for these challenges:

Sophisticat
18: 'spring'
Artful inkables - think ink Tuesday 12: 'think spring'
Created by hand: 'waiting for spring'
No time to stamp? 122: 'mid-winter perk-me-up!' floral theme and some fresh spring-time colours
And perhaps it could also fit Papr Cutz challenge 24: 'summer'

The strips of paper are My mind's eye 'bloom and grow' - the dotty piece is embossed - and the stamped flower is a Magenta stamp coloured with copics.

I know that I didn't actually use a punch, but using the cricut for the triple dot scalloped edge has achieved the same effect, so I'm also linking for:

Creative card crew 43: 'punch it'
Simon says: 'punch it'
One stop craft 63: 'fancy edges or corners

It's also OK for Sunday stamper 87: 'birthday'

The spring colours I've used remind me of oranges and lemons, so it's good for Charisma cardz 3: 'fruity colours' and also Sweet stampin' 9: 'feeling fruity'.

18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Hazel, that's amazing!! And there's no fiddling about lining it all up. Definately neeeeeeed one now.

    Love the card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fresh and pretty Hazel and you saved yourself punch money too - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. I love that you used your Cricut to create your border.
    Since buying my Cricut last summer, I look at punches now (I used to spend a fortune on them) and say "how easily can I do this on my Cricut" and walk right by the punch. BIG GRIN
    The money I've saved has bought my Cricut several times over.
    I'm using Sure Cuts a Lot, but will investigate the Make the Cut software.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely card Hazel :o) Thanks for joining us at SFTW! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing, very effective. One day I will sit down with my robo and do things like this lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a beautiful card such a lovely image and colours and fabulous details. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, thanks for joining in hun x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card love the fancy border and it definitely has a spring feel. Thanks for joining the OSCC challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You went punch crazy! What a beautiful project! Thanks so much for sharing at CCC!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel this card is fab!!!
    I love the warm feel of it and beautiful borders and flower!!!
    Thanks for joining us at OSCC. Hugs Itzuvit xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel this is beautiful, such gorgeous Spring colours, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel, super sweet card! lovely layout and colour combo
    thank you so much for joining us for a sweet stampin challenge, good luck
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very happy colours on this card. I'm so glad you joined the STFW challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card with great punching detail, thank you for joining in with the CCC challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so summery I love it and those borders are brilliant!
    Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

    X Amy X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hazel, your card is gorgeous:O) Love the colours and fab design. Lovely! Great take on Fiona's sketch.
    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely bright, sunny card. It makes me think of summer :o)

    Thanks for joining us at SFTW

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated