Pages

Monday 15 February 2010

Give a hoot - recycle when you can

This is a card to myself - to put on my shelf as a reminder. It uses the freebie image 'give a hoot' given this week on Digi Kitty for their 'get owly' challenge. The symbol on the owl is, of course, a recycling one, so I thought it would be a good idea to base my card on that theme and to put it on display to help me to remember to recycle when I can - we have separate bins for paper, plastic/tins/glass, food scraps ... I coloured the owl with copics (having printed him on recycled card).

Of course, all the materials used for the card have been recycled.

I've used Papertake sketch 34:

It's also for:

Crazy amigo
: 'arrows'
Digital Tuesday 45: 'it's all about animals'
Squigglefly 36: 'the animal kingdom'
365 cards day 349: 'a good sense of direction' - arrows

14 comments:

  1. Fab card hazel, we also have separate bins for recycling, actually that reminds me i must go and ask DH to get the bins out!! :)

    Tracy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun little animal card! Love the Kraft with the Recycle message! Thanks for playing the DTC challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel, this is way too charming! I love that you will use this as a reminder to recycle--awesome idea! I love all the browns and pop of coral and red.
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Digi Kitty. Send me your email address so I can send Hippo Spring's Flower to you!

    Purrs & Kisses,
    Kristal of Digi Kitty
    www.thedigikitty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card! And a fab message. Thanks for playing with us at DigiKitty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel I love that you used recycled products to make your card and it is great that you will display it as a reminder to recycle. I love your card! You colored him beautifully! Thanks for joining our challenge! Hope to see you again! Tell your friends to hop on over and give it a try! If they see your card, I am sure they will want to grab that cute owl! Have a great day!
    :) Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab idea and a great card to boot.
    Thanks for playing along at Squigglfly
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card and a great cause to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute hazel!!! ur owl looks fabulous!!! thanks for joining us at Digi Kitty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Squigglefly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card! Hoot Hoot! Thanks for playing with us at Squigglefly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab take on using this owl. Love it. Thanks for playing with us at Digi Kitty this week.

    xoxo hugz
    Sheng

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute little card.I hope you will join us again next week at Digi Kitty with the Hippo image.

    Hugs
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated