Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Love is ....

.... sharing your umbrella!

The theme for the inchies swap on BF this month is love/Valentines/romance. I have to admit that I was a bit stumped as to what to do - some ideas seemed a bit obvious and I didn't have the right materials for other ideas.

On Sunday I saw this week's challenge on Dottie's world is 'it's a small thing' (something smaller than you would normally make), which, of course, needs to include a Charmed download. I know I've used it quite a lot on cards, but I decided to use one of my favourite Dottie digis 'puddle love' from the Love & Marriage range and shrink it digitally to fit on an inchie - I opted for using the coloured-in version as there was no way that I could have coloured that tiny picture.

I only had room to put 'Love is' so the picture itself has to complete the phrase. I added some clear gloss on to the umbrella and the puddle using a Sakura glaze pen - hard to see on the photo because of the flash, although the third one looks as if the couple have really been caught in a shower (flash light).

I'm also sharing this on Creatalicious for challenge 7: 'create a little something'

and here is a single one using Gez's 'universal ink pad measure':


As I've used a red pen to put faux stitching around the edges, I'm linking for Bee crafty 24: sew cute (and, of course, I used a digi); also the colours of Whimsical Wednesday 23 are here - light olive/avocado, rose/pink, sky blue/light aqua hot pink/raspberry.

11 comments:

  1. Hello Hazel
    This is really small. Great inchie,and how clever to think of making this.
    Thanks for joining us at DW this week.
    Hugs Gunn :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are great - have never tried inchies - better add that to my list
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so tiny but so sweet. very interesting to see something other than a card! I try to do that too! Thanks for DARING to play with the team from Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh I so love this image Hazel. What a great idea shrinking it to fit on an inchie. Loving your universal measure! hehe.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so sweet and I love your faux stitching on them

    Thanks so much for playing along at Bee Crafty.

    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Great idea honey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute set with nice faux stitching. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! How original. I love the image... will have to go and grab one for myself!

    Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious this month
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable.. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so cute and perfect for this challenge!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow these cards are so adorable...very creative too! thanks so much for sharing your "little something" with us at Creatilicious.

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated