Pages

Wednesday 21 April 2010

WOYWW day today

Wednesday seems to come round alarmingly quickly - and I didn't actually join in WOYWW last week, so the fortnight's gone very quickly - and there hasn't been much crafting here lately, partly because of John being quite poorly - glad to say that he is now much better than he was.

Anyway, back to WOYWW - if you like having a nose at other people's crafting stash, then this is for you - go over to Julia's blog and join in the fun!

The first photo shows a pile of papers which have been taken out of the rack to be sorted - ha ha ... been there like that now for a day or two and no sign of sorting yet.

In the foreground of this picture you can see some of my recent stamp purchases. I got the three wooden stamps yesterday when I went to a craft shop fairly near to me which, sadly, is closing down, so I bought some Christmas stuff half price and got these stamps 3 for 2 - two of them are Magenta stamps - I just love them and couldn't resist. The clear stamps with the elegant ladies arrived in the post about an hour ago.

There's nothing much at the other end of the work surface except a box of acrylic stamps and a CD that you can't see - 'the very best of Lesley Garrett - I've been playing this recently - had it for Christmas and had tucked it away and forgotten it, so nice to get it out and have a listen.

It's a lovely day here. I'm trying to get more exercise than I have had for the past few months, so am determined to go out for a walk again today, but might combine it with a walk around Bromley shops (Kaz's good suggestion!).

34 comments:

  1. you have some beautiful stamps there! and gorgeous laura ashley curtains! hugs mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya

    fab new stamps! :O) love the look of your area

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you may need another trip to the craft store before it shuts for good. It's the law to buy lots of stuff if it's a bargain!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Kaz on this one - you never know in the future when you might need something - get it while its a bargain - its less painful than kicking yourself later when the chance has gone!!!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab desk this week ... you have great taste in crafty stash ... but Lesley Garrett??? X :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new stuff, and a fab workspace!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooer new stamps :-) look forward to seeing what you do with them.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh shame about your local store. And the pile of papers - signifies an intention, and that'll do! Glad that your DH is feeling better - bit of a mojo stifler when all isn't right, huh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a good pile of papers to sort out. Hope you have a nice walk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Far more of your desk top showing than mine! Have fun with your new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great desk piccies, lovely stamps, i keep saying i will start walking now the weather is nice but things get in the way! lol. sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely stamps we like bargains!! HUgs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah i see someone else who suffers with 'i'll sort that later' syndrome lol I wonder will the papers still be there next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes, you can't have too many magenta stamps, they were my first favourites! Great piles of stash going on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a shame all these little craft shops are closing isn't it? and we need to get to a shop now and again at least (95% of my stuff is now bought on the web) but if I had lots of crafty shops to goto I would be happier!

    Great stamps though look fwd to the next peep into yr crafty life

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooo papers...I have an addiction!

    Where did you get your stacker for your paper?

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh I spy some love stamps.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's very hard for the little independents to keep up and offer the things that the big stores and on line places can do, such a shame really, but I have to admit to very rarely using my local one as I can get stuff cheaper else where. But definitely go back and get some other things if you can, seems a shame not to stock up while you can.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    PS. Hope John continues to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you picked up a bargain here. I can't resist a good buy! ikki

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sending you and John my very best wishes Hazel.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep you better go for another shopping trip (walk I mean) - it is all for your good health ha, ha
    Love your new stamps!
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of lovely new stamps to play with...happy stamping!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great looking stamps - there's nothing so pleasing as a bargain! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  24. Some great bargains then :) Love what we can see of the stamps.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. ohoo yes, lovely curtains I;m sure they do them in back paper to match, love those useful boxes too, fabulous!!!
    (lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the look of that top stamp ...love that it was a bargain ...shame another craft shop is closing ....I guess they cant compete with internet shops.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think you have more stamps on your desk than I actually own. Yours is a wonderful place to stamp, I bet. Sorry to hear about your LSS. Seems more and more are like that these days.

    Have a happy rest of WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  28. looks like you have quite a stash to play with! Thanks for the peek.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sorry to hear your craft shop closing so sad!Anyways glad you got bargain or two.Glad to see that you do similar thing to me and get things out to sort 3days later still there makes me feel happier im not alone...lol
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  30. ooh i love those stamps, very pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated