Pages

Saturday 12 June 2010

Shaker ATCs

I used to regularly take part in the ATC swaps on CBC, but haven't done so for a few months now. I decided I'd join in the June swap and the topic is 'shaker' ATCs. I've never thought of making a shaker on an ATC, but thought I'd have a go at this.

I'm still not feeling great atm - hayfever that doesn't seem to be responding to the usual tablets - so I'm trying to do a bit of crafting to take my mind off it.

I took a bit of a cheat's route with these. I had some lovely little Anna Griffin frames that I bought at a craft fair a year or two back. I carefully took the top layer off, which revealed a few bits of double sided foam pad, so I carefully cut little pieces to fill in the gaps, stuck acetate to the top layer and added a few tiny gems and glitter to the body of the frame before putting it all together again. The background paper is also by Anna Griffin and the corner mosaics are Papermania.

And here they are 'all shook up' (as Elvis would have said):

I'm linking them for these challenges:

Annabelle: 'say it in green and pink'
Meljen 11: 'sparkle, glitter, bling'
Frosted designs: 'glitter, glitter and more glitter'
Prairie fairy 23: 'glitz and glitter'
Cupcake 94: 'dazzle us'
Crafty little place 42: 'anything but square'
Cute card Thursday 116: 'anything but square'
Gingersnap GC58 spicy supply challenge: 'transparencies or acetate
Stampin' royalty 23: 'picture inspiration':

26 comments:

  1. You rocked the glitter challenge!!! i love the way you used the glitter in the shaker box part... it is so sophisticated which I think is hard to do with shaker boxes!! Way to go!! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are gorgeous! I love them and the colors too! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at ACLP!!
    Sheri-ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel these are wonderful! I never would have thought to do this on an ATC either but they turned out fabulous! So glad you shared them with us at A Crafty Little Place.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are truly creative. Never would have thought to use a frame and turn it into a shaker box! Both of these are adorable and love how you used the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are AWESOME! What a great take on our challenge!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our Sparkle, Glitter, Bling challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards - they are really pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are really sweet hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both so gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I love shaker cards! Thanks for sharing with ACLP!!
    Cara ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME ATC's, their both sooooooooooooo pretty! Love the Pattern paper you used and your design, just lovely!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Have a great week!
    Take Care,
    Hugs,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa girl!!! You didn't CHEAT!! You used your imagination and altered some items. Where's the cheating in THAT! That's being creative and you were 100% creative. I LOVE your ATCs.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Fairy Fun Fridays. Good luck! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!!! This is gorgeous, I love the way you used the glitter. just gorgeous work...Thanks for playing with us at FD.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Viv is right--altering what you have is not cheating, it's lateral thinking--a rare skill. Lovely atc's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous job on your shaker card! I still haven't mastered these yet! Thanks so much for playing with us Stampin' Royalty this week Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. cheater or not..... these are beautiful, I love the shakers, very well done! And thank you for joining us in the sparkle,bling challenge at Meljen's

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful projects!!! love them
    Thank you for playing with us on the Meljens challenge this week . good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too cute! I am gonna have to swipe that idea!


    Thanks for entering Fairy Fun Fridays!

    xooxox
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great take on this weeks inspiration photo! :-) I am going to have to give the 'shaker' idea a try.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hazel, I love shaker cards and this one is too die for! Thanks for joining fairy fun fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so glad you played with us this week at Stampin' Royalty. Great Cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is sooo great!.thanks for joining FFF
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you used those fun frames for your shaker creations ... fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All I can say is...WOW! So beautiful and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that idea of shaker box. I've done the gel and glitter for a snow-globe effect, but this is too cute!Thanks for playing at FFF this week! Swing by my blog if u like for some yummy blog candy!! Hugs, Trisha P.S. I'm becoming a follower-love your work!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated