Pages

Wednesday 2 June 2010

WOYWW first anniversary

Over on Julia's blog she is celebrating a whole year of WOYWW. I haven't been taking part for all of the year, but in recent months have joined in on most Wednesdays.

Today my workspace is fairly clear as I haven't done much in the last couple of days - and I admit that I do like to tidy up in between and put everything in its place. Crafting was limited yesterday because John had to go up to St Thomas eye casualty - he has a scratch on his cornea. I did manage one card last night though - more about that later.


You'll notice that I now have my copics a bit more sorted out and all standing on a 'lazy susan' that I can pull towards me when needed and swing round to the container I want - I bought it ages and ages ago and have only recently put it into use.

I've also bought some of the long Really Useful Boxes for my ink pads. I used to keep them in a larger RU box, but had to empty out more when I wanted a particular ink. Now I have a couple of boxes for distress inks etc. The only thing is that I now need some more boxes to house the ink pad overflow!

Here they are in the cupboard:


Lastly, here is the other side of my worktop - not a lot to see, but a few stamps that were used last night for a card for my guest slot on Raise the bar this week - I was chosen as a guest bar tender - you can read about it and see my original card here - very exciting.

And now I must get off here and get the bus to go to the dental hygienist - oh, what fun!

34 comments:

  1. lots of lovely stash, great pens pots. Those RUBS boxes really do live up to their name lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely and organised i adore the susan for your copics so neat!
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are so organised! Love all those boxes with labels on!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hazel it's lovely to see your desk..I'm surveying mine this morning with the exaperation ofthe disorganised. Althouhg my ink pads are OK - I have them in baskets - pigments, permanents, fluid chalks, dyes - so unless someone changes the sleves around, I can 'go to' there - it's just the desk top that defeats me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ink pads work perfectly in those boxes! Nice idea, and accessible too. Leandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. One day, I shall be as organised as this! One day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow love your craftspace,so orgainsed too love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely craft space and such clever storage ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the lazy susan idea (why is it called a lazy Susan?) I could sort my Copics like this

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great storage ideas there, I wish I was as organised as you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. very smart looking desk there hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an organised crafter :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I just love the organisation in your craft room, it gives me such a contented feeling! Have a great week! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about the eye emergency. Eyes are nothing to mess around about.

    You are really organized. I've never seen storage containers like those you got for your stamp pads. And I've never owned a copic marker, but I'm seeing so many show up in all the photos. Happy WOYWW>

    ReplyDelete
  15. So organized !! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how organised your boxes are with the cute lables

    Thanks for sharing

    KS

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your pen storage, in fact your entire space!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking tidy Hazel! I love the lazy susan! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohoo now that's making me feel a tiny bit better..although your turn table is far better than mine...maybe I won't turn it into a bird feeder, very tidy desk!
    Have a crafty day
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hazel - get that desk messed up again quick! Far far too tidy. I know what you mean about the dental hygienist, sometimes that is worse than the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  21. tidy tidy - I could easily mess it up for you LOL!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  22. what did we do before RUB's ???

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't think I've ever seen a neater artist's desk, Hazel. You must know where everything in. Lovely bunch of organization materials.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A really organised craft space, I enjoyed my snoop. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG your desk puts mine to shame!!! I can't see or find anything and so much is left out and not cleaned!!! You are SO organised.. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are my first this morning ...what an organized desk ...I love that long RUB ...have never seen one that shape.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So very tidy and organised ... I really really need a lazy susan :0)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very tidy and I like the lazy-susan idea.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Remind me ! Must label items. Problem is I don't know where half of it is !!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow - some great storage solutions here Hazel... makes a space a lot more tidy!!!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow - some great storage solutions here Hazel... makes a space a lot more tidy!!!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your organised desk, the copis on the lazy susan is a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've been wanting a lazy susan for my desk. Of course I've been wanting too many things to organize but I doubt if that would keep my craft space neat! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ohh your so organized those are some great boxes for your inks :)
    hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated