Pages

Wednesday 25 August 2010

WOYWW 64

It's Wednesday again - it comes round so quickly - and I missed last Wednesday's WOYWW, so a fortnight has gone by since the last one. So here are my photos today for WOYWW 64.

Someone asked if the shelves to the right of where I sit are pull-out ones - yes, they are. They were originally put there to house my craft robo and printer, but since then I've put my robo in the cupboard (need to try and sell it) because I have 'make the cut' to enable me to use my computer with the cricut. And for some time now I've had a wireless printer/scanner, which means these shelves now house other things, including my big box of scraps that never seems to get any less.

I've mostly been making Christmas cards (again!) this last week. You can see that I've got QVC on atm - and, yes, I have ordered the TSV - will be another 45 or so cards that can be made quickly ready for my Tearfund sale.

During this last week, I sorted out my wooden stamps (I got some more for my birthday and space was running out). I must remember to get up on the stepladder and put that craft item hanging from the top shelf further along so it's centred.

The idea is to sort out the boxes with flowers, so that I can have room for more wooden stamps, but I don't know yet where I'm going to put the boxes of flowers (I've already moved about six boxes of chipboard off there).

It's all a work-in-progress!

This is the other side of the room, behind where I sit at my workspace. Under the Laura Ashley throw are two put-you-up beds - these need to be used Saturday week when John's nieces come to stay and have got to be cleared by Monday so our cleaner can move them and clean behind them. This means I need to clear them by then - not sure where I'm going to put everything - although I suppose it can be piled up on my worktop because I won't be able to get in here to craft while they are here (which is only for one night).

So now I'm not sure whether to tidy up, sort out ... or just get on with some more crafting and ignore the rest.

For those who are wondering, I have taken on the commission to make 300 Christmas cards for friends who run a local accountacy business. These will be computer generated, rather than hand crafted, so I've been busy trying to get the photo etc as I want it - spent one day recently when I nearly abandoned the project - thought I'd have to confess and say that I couldn't handle it - but I persevered and it's almost in its finished state now - hope it's going to be approved.

22 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel
    great piccies luv to see al the wooden stamps out, the dust puts me of doing that with mine cause i wouldn't move them to dust! lol. Well done on such a big order,take my hat of to you, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely stamps you have on show today.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love the stamps too. Good luck with the giant card order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks like a stamp shop - how cool is that!
    Christmas cards - I cant face it yet - October maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stamps on display. I'd need just a few more shelves for mine... got a bit of an obsession here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely crafty space, and loads of stamps! I need more shelves and stamps!!
    Have a great WOYWW!!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving your stamps on show.. I don't dust mine, just blow at them occasionally... the dust is minimal in my room... well, that's what I tell myself LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the stamps on display. Mine are all hidden, that's why I never know where anything is at. Good luck with your card order.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow what a fabulous collection of wooden stamps and how lovely to have shelves to display them on for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stamp storage!!!

    Hugs
    Penni
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work area, you have so many fab stamps.

    I have making the cut brilliant piece of software.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much wonderful stash there Hazel. Love the neat rows of wooden stamps.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooh I love all of those stamps what a great collection. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great display of block stamps and it DOES look as neat as a shop. super workspace too,
    joZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow fab stamps you have there hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The stamps shelves is wonderful, I like it when you can actually see your stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The wooden stamp storage just rocks. I love how organized it is.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the wooden stamps. I say leave the mess and carry on crafting ;-) Well done on the commission

    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great collection of wooden stamps thanks for the peek
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful craftroom babe, I love how you have everything at hand :)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm an organized neat freak, so I would be sorting and cleaning, then crafting, but I'm sure others will choose crafting first. Sorry I'm late getting here. Hope you had a great WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab stamp storage thanks for the snoop. Good Luck making your 300+ cards!

    Happy creating......sorry I'm a little late!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated