Pages

Saturday 19 February 2011

CHNC challenge 8: the white stuff

This is for my CHNC challenge 8, which this week is 'the white stuff' - please go over to my Craftyhazelnut Christmas Challenge blog to read more about this challenge and, hopefully, join in.

I've used the sketch which is being combined this week by two challenge blogs: Sketchy Thursdays and Jingle Belles. I'm also linking this for Die cut dreams Christmas club: I'm dreaming of a white Christmas and also Winter wonderland: it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
I'm afraid I had to resort to a scan instead of a photo - it's so difficult to get a true representation of white - it's much whiter irl.

I used a spotty embossing folder and a border snowflakes folder with my cuttlebug.

The snowglobe image is from Daisy Doodles, which is just one of the images I chose when I was given 10$ to spend in their digi shop for winning challenge 27, coloured with copics.


It's also for:

Woodware USA 14: embossing
Pixie cottage 57: embossing
2 sisters 27: embossing
Craft us crazy 2: brrrr it's cold outside - winter theme
Creative card world: use a square card

I am celebrating with some candy - you can read about it and sign up here

16 comments:

  1. Love how you only added bits of color to make the wintry image pop ... the holly leaves and berries frame the sentiment perfectly ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that perfect embossing with the cute image!! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Hazel! The snowglobe is so cute and I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE!! I love white on white and all that texture!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Us Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Hazel! Love the double embossing. Love the clean and simple look of your card!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel:This is so pretty.
    I love you used the embossing as the snow.
    Thanks for joining us at 2SC, hope to see you soon. ~hugs~darling Ho~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Hazel, love the double embossing and the image. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful embossing on your card.
    Super in white!!
    Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
    Adrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh *WOW* miss hazel! i always thing white on white is the very VERY hardest color challenge to pull off...but clearly you are an EXPERT at it! (plus you've done brilliantly with diana's FAB sketch too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super card! Thank you for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this is just gorouges,love the colurs beautiful detail on this too bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely gorgous card!
    thanks for join us at Craft Us crazy this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Love the snowy effect! Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so much fun hazel..I used a snowglobe too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect sketch for that snow globe. Lovely indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I love the all white color scheme! The snow globe is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated