Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

CHNC challenge 9: let's get sentimental

Saturday morning comes round so quickly again - and it's time for another challenge on my Christmas blog - CHNC challenge 9: 'let's get sentimental'. Please click here to have a look at this week's challenge and, hopefully, join in.

My card is very simple (I confess that I didn't have much time to make this. I used a pre-shaped card and stuck on the Dovecraft snowflake paper, which, of course, I then had to cut round, which wasn't such a quick job as I thought! The embossed and foil sentiment is one that came in a kit last year. At first I wasn't sure about using it because it's oblong rather than square, but I think it still sits OK on the card.

It so happens that great minds think alike this week and the theme for Jingle Belles challenge is Text Me - SmilynStef said: ''We're asking that you incorporate text into your holiday creations ... it could be a book page, Christmas carol lyrics, a poem, or even a card that features a sentiment as the main focal point of the design.' - so I think my card qualifies for this.

I'm also entering this card for:

PaperPlay 8: let's get sentimental'
Stampin' sisters in Christ 76: use the colour green
Fun at fairy knoll: feeling a little green
Mami doodles 21: make it monochromatic green
Gingersnap GC92 colour challenge - jewel colours plus gold - I chose emerald plus gold
I did it 43: anything goes
One stitch at a time 50: anything but square
Mixed media Monday: shape up
Woodware USA 15: shaped card
DYSU 8: anything goes
Paper romance 39: anything goes

I am celebrating with some candy - you can read about it and sign up here

21 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff - has a feeling of brocade fabric about that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, yes--great minds think alike, indeed! that's too funny! :) loving that gorgeous green background paper and of course the wonderful diecut shape of the card is so appealing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that card shape, and I think the rectangle sentiment shape works brilliantly ... very balanced design. Thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely card! Really like the shape! Thanks for playing along at Paper Romance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I understand your hint last night! Lovely card, Hazel. I'll get busy with mine this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A real luxury Christmas card, Hazel - it's gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us again this week on PaperPlay.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. clean but very beautiful Hazel, your DP is gorgeous
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is really pretty Hazel! Love the shape and the frame is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of pretty green paper here, lovely job! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Jewel Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So elegant! Love the embossing :)

    Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab effect

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty cart, I love the shape and the sentiment is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Paper Play Challenges this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty cart, I love the shape and the sentiment is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Paper Play Challenges this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very pretty! Love the sentiment and shape! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. I love the background texture. Thanks for joining us this week at Do You Stack Up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous Christmas card. Lovely concept! Thanks for being part of this week's Mami Doodle Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, elegant and classy card, Hazel, really like the rich coloring and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Hazel. Love the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clean, simple and very elegant!
    Thank You for joining us at Mami Doodles and good luck in the draw too xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated