Pages

Thursday 17 February 2011

Salt: truth

It was Ruth's turn to choose the topic for today's Salt challenge - she choose 'truth' and you can read what she wrote here and see the beautiful crafting responses of other design team members.

I've used John 8:31-32 as the basis of my LO - Jesus said, 'If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'

In v36 of that chapter, John says: 'So if the Son (Jesus) sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Later in his gospel John records Jesus saying: 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' (John 14:6)

So I've concentrated on the freedom that truth and trust in Jesus brings.

I've used a picture of me jumping in the woods - this was taken when I was about thirty (gosh, that's over thirty years ago!). The circle beneath my photo is Websters, the other papers are from my offcuts box, the scalloped rub ons are PM Hampstead (when I bought them I thought they were card stickers - didn't look properly, but discovered they are glitter transfers).

The pink swirly circles were stamped with blazing red Stazon using an Anna Griffin background stamp.

As usual you can click on the picture to enlarge.

I've mainly used the colours given for Curtain call 69:

I am celebrating with some candy - you can read about it and sign up here

5 comments:

  1. Love your layout and the thinking behind it Hazel. I reckon our layouts are almost reverse copies of each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff Hazel! Look at those skinny legs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Hazel! And love the idea of THE truth setting you free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab LO Hazel, love the circles and that's a fab photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pic Hazel, amen... we are FREE!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated