Pages

Saturday 14 May 2011

Origami star box

Quite a few of the bubblies from the BF forum are on retreat this weekend (wish I could be there), but there are quite a few of us stay-at-homes, so Kathy has been organising a little Non-retreaters mini crop for us. She shared a link to a video to make an origami star box and I've just had a go - it's not perfect (some of the folds could have been neater), but not bad for a first attempt.

Like Kathy, I chose a 10 x 10 square of paper cut from Ethan Kate ripple stripe - I chose this because it was double sided but not too thick.

Now I need to think of something to put in my star box.



I'm sharing this with the following challenges:

Design dollies: time to fold it together
Crafty creations 118: anything goes
Penny's 53: anything goes
Scrappy frogs: anything goes
Sew many challenges 53: anything goes
Inspire me Fridays 6: anything goes
Divas by design 1: anything goes

7 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel, how inventive! Is it something that you would use as gift box or to keep yourself for keepsakes? Makes me think I should try to broaden my horizion from just making cards! Thanks for joining us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!!!! Love your folded origami box. Thanks for playing along with the Design Dollies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel this is such a fun style box!! Thanks for sharing it with us at crafty Creations!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hazel .Lovely box .I would place some small posy of fake fowers in it and use on window ledge or coffee table .
    Thanks for sharing this project on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another clever make Hazel! Such great colours! Thx again for linking up to the Make It Monday party!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fun box and cool folding!!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with the Dollies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel, this is so cool!
    Thanks for sharing it. ~hugs~darling Ho~SMC DT

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated