Pages

Thursday 12 May 2011

Salt: a time for everything ...

It was Ruth's turn to choose the topic for today's challenge on Salt and she chose 'a time for everythin' based on the passage from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - you can read what she wrote here.

This turned out to be a very poignant topic for us at Salt because, after much discussion and prayerful consideration, we have decided to cease the challenges, although the blog will remain open - we hope it will continue to be a blessing to those who visit.

My LO is very simple because the K & Co paper I used is very 'busy'. I added some Hero Arts stamped cuckoo clocks and a few other clock faces. The passage from Ecclesiastes is The Message version - I printed on to an identical piece of K & Co (I so wish I had a printed that could cope with 12 x 12 - one day, perhaps) and used the stitched ribbon over the join. You can read the scripture verses if you click on the image a couple of times.

Please go over to Salt and see what the rest of the team did for this challenge - and join in if you can.

I'm linking this for:

Let's craft and create 19: sew lovely
Stampavie 141: ribbons
Allsorts 102: stamp a lot - use at least three different stamps
My partner in crafting crime 26: incorporate numbers
Crafty creations 118: anything goes
Creative Belli 117: letter S - stamping, stitching (my neglected embellishment: the ribbon)
Stamping vacation: No! No! challenge: no embossing of any kind
Stamping vacation: when I grow up: clockmaker
Crafty catz: give us a quote
Penny's 53: anything goes
Scrappy frogs: anything goes
Flourish timeless 117: anything goes

1 comment:

Your comments are very much appreciated