Pages

Saturday 30 July 2011

A lovely cup of tea

I came across some Kanban toppers that I thought would look nice on a DL card - when I got out my stock of Dls I found a trifold card with a pearly iridescent finish, so I decided to use two of the 'cup of tea' toppers, with some ribbon behind them (one of my newest purchases from Hobbycraft) I lined two inside panels with a piece of green butterfly paper from the DCWV Mariposa stack.

The sentiment on the outside of the card reads:

When your day is topsy turvey and as chaotic as can be
There's nothing quite as tranquil as a lovely cup of tea.


The one on the flap underneath says:

I wish we could sit down together and have a cup of tea,
but since we can't, when you have this one I hope you'll think of me.

On this photo of the inside opened out the iridescent finish of the card blank is more obvious:

This is for:

Creative craft world: anything BUT birthdays
Sentimental Sundays 65: focus on the sentiment
Aud sentiments 33: enjoy your day or sentiment to make you smile
Dream valley 12: surprise - something hidden
KB cute Monday 23: food & beverages
Happileigh scrappin' 32: shaped cards and special fold cards
Little Claire designs 11: things with wings
Deep ocean 4: ribbons
Allsorts 114: last week of free and easy

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the fold. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Nice design and sentiment. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quote on your card! And I just love that you've created a tri-fold. Something different and so pretty! Thanks for sharing your creation with us this week at Papercraft Star! I hope to see more of your creations with us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice cards hazel-i love the forever friends bear :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this card, probably because I am an avid tea-drinker. (I have to buy mine on-line but I haven't managed to teach my Spanish friends to make a decent cup yet. It's so much more refreshing than all the coffee they drink). It is a very pretty topper. I have used a similar verse in a cup and a teapot shaped card with a tea-bag attached inside.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello hazel .Love the tri fold and you have decorated perfectly .Love the sentiments .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card...such cute images...thanks for joining us at TPS......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm... Tea! I love those toppers! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is gorgeous. Fabulous papers, lovely design.

    Thank you for playing with us this week at Happileigh Scrappin'.

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! love how it folds out! Thanks so much for playing at Sentimental Sunday's
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely. Great card. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenges this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card!!

    Thanks for playing in our latest free and easy challenge at Allsorts and good luck in the draw....

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I love how this folds! I don't make nearly enough long cards. Yours is just lovely! thanks for joining us at Sentimental sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous - love it!

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow love your project, what a great job, thanks for joining us this week for Auds Sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card. Pretty colours. Nice to see a different shape.

    thank you for joining Little Claire's challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated