Pages

Sunday 4 November 2012

Sugar and spice ...


... and all things nice - that was the challenge Zoe set for the Christmas Card Club for today. When I first saw what the theme was I thought of including little girls - thinking of the rest of the rhyme ... that's what little girls are made of. But then I thought of sugar and spice things to eat at Christmas ... and my mind went to gingerbread men (or perhaps nowadays I should say gingerbread people).

When we were in Eastbourne early in September, I bought some bits and pieces on the market, including a lovely material gingerbread person - I thought that would be great to use on my card ... but I can't find it. As soon as we came back from Eastbourne we had to start arrangements for mum to go into a care home and then clear her flat etc and things got tucked away.

So in the end I resorted to using some papers that had come with a magazine and a few pieces from my Christmas offcuts box, so this is my first visit to Pixie's crafty snippets 45. The ribbon and the Merry Christmas sentiment (darkened with an alcohol pen) were from stash. The spiky scalloped circle was cut with a nestie.

I still need to catch up with a few challenges on Sunday's with Santa on facebook, so this is for week 35 (way back at the end of August!): easel card.



This is also for:

A card a day
Ooh la la 117: C ... Christmas
Crafty ribbons 31: Christmas
Joan's gardens 40: a winter card
DL.ART thankful Thursday: any holiday from October to the end of the year
Just keep on creating: Christmas is around the corner
Card and scrap 42: Christmas card
St Luke's November: traditional Christmas card
AnMaCreatief 14: Christmas
Great impressions November: holidays - Christmas
Really reasonable ribbon 59: winter holiday
Here come the boys 39: die cuts/punches
Allsorts 179: for men only - for a young boy (or perhaps for a 'young at heart' male)
Fab n funky 145: die cuts/punches
Die cuttin' divas 89: anything goes (used a nestie)
Simon says: get in shape
Christmas cards all year round November: shaped or fancy folds
Corrosive 161: know when to fold 'em
Nordsalten Hobbyklubb 64: more than one fold
Desert island crafts 41: I chose: patterned paper, add a sentiment, ribbon
The house of bears November: your cubhood favourites - The story of the gingerbread man
My mum's craft shop 82: bold & bright
Sparkles forum Christmas November 22: contemporary colour combo
ABC Christmas: V for vibrant colours
ATCs and cards with attitude 26: add a sentiment/anything goes
Lady Anne's Friday is sentiment: anything goes
Anything goes 79: anything goes
Make it Monday 113
Inspire me Friday 83
52 card pickup week 44

44 comments:

  1. Very cute card. I love the way you did the top of the card. Colors are great too.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious card!! But isn't it maddening when you KNOW you have a thing but can't find it! Never mind, I look forward to seeing what you make when it turns up!

    love Mags B xx

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is a lovely card Hazel. Lovely paper's. Bug hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a joyful card. Thanks for joining us a second time this month at Anmacreatief's challenge. Regards, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gingerbread man card...you are so very clever! I really love it!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card Hazel...I know what you mean life always seems to make the days shorter, I hope Mum is settled in and getting used to her new home, I see from your Facebook she was with you and the grandchildren....lovely pics.I love these gingerbread men they are really on trend this year...lovely card hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy gingerbread man. I too live in a magical home where things disappear. One day we'll come accross them when we are looking for other lost treasure xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab spicey sweet card Hazel. I really need to do more easel cards as this looks super. Seems gingerbread 'people' have been a popular choice for my challenge. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I love gingerbread men and gingerbread houses, so your project is right up my alley! Thanks for joining in the fun at Great Impression Stamps! Hope you can stop back this week for "Guess the Christmas Carol" and win some stampin' prizes!

    Hugs,

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel, your card is certainly sweet, I just love the shape too. Hope your Mum is well settled now and you have some peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card Hazel....great minds think alike!! Hope life is getting easier for you. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really sweet card Hazel - love gingerbread people but can never bring myself to eat them :( Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel
    Loving your easel card...... And the gingerbread man ... Gorgeous.....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute and adorable ginger men. Sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Cards By Lady Anne.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    cardsbyladyanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute I just love all those little gingerbread peeps
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Holiday challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely christmas card!

    Thank you for joinging us at Card and Scrap :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Fab card Hazel love the diecut centre, makes a change to see the card used to cut out rather than layer. Scrummy makes me want to eat them! Thanks for playing at Here Come The Boys Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my hazel that is cute, anything with a gingerbread man on gets me cheery, in fact I am sat munching on some mini ones my big sister bought me right now!!
    gorgeous card hun
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's cute Hazel, I really like easel cards
    All those gingerbread men remind me of my Grandma - we made lots of them when I was little

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the shape of youre card! Like the colours too!!!

    Thanks for joining AnMaCreatief this month!

    Lotte

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card! Love the colours that you have used they work wonderfully together.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hazel - you're on a roll!! I do like the paper you've used on your easel card. Thanks for your support of St Luke's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving your colours and cute little gingerbread people. Hope you find the missing ones.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Opps! Thanks for entering our challenge at Crafty Ribbons this time Hazel.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  25. This card is sooo cute and really gets me in the holiday spirit! Thanks so much for playing along at Really Reasonable Ribbon! - Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fun card x
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at MMCS challenge & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute card Hazel. Love gingerbread for the holidays. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week. hugs, Pat K.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute papers. Perfect for this easel card. Hugs Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous card for our challenge this time.. love those gingerbread men!

    Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes... hope to see you again soon!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mmmm, gingerbread men!

    Please bring some along to Mrs A's Snippets Playground party. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fab card, love gingerbread people, thanks for sharing with us at OLLCB x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty card with lots of red!I like the use of your flip card. Thank you for joining us at Lady Anne's Paper Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a nice card! I love the DP you've used.
    Thanks for joining us again at the AnMaCreatief challenge.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a cute Holiday card Hazel!! Love how you used the ribbon!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  35. Super cute gingerbread men card, pretty papers.
    Thanks for joining our V for Vibrant Colours at ABC Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Remember you can never have to many Christmas cards ;)
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lovely card you made. We love gingerbread men, but we must admit to enjoying eating them even more than we enjoyed reading about them.

    Thank you so much for taking the time to join in our fun challenge, crafting is so much more fun when others join in with us.

    The bears

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a beautiful card! I love the unique fold & the pretty Christmas papers. Thanks for playing with us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Aaawww a lovely card, a fab design and love all the little gingerbread men!
    Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very pretty card there Hazel. Now are you a toes first or head first kinda girl?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Hazel,

    Cute easel card. Thanks for joining ATCs & Cards With Attitude.

    Dwita.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Too cute! What a deliciously sweet easel card! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for "Know When To Fold 'Em"!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  42. Cute gingerbreadmen card. Thanks for joining us at Nordsalten Hobbyklubb. Lene

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fabulous card for our fancy fold challenge at Christmas Cards all Year Round. I hope to see you in December.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated