Pages

Sunday 10 August 2014

Altered box


It was Lizzie's turn to set the theme for the Christmas Card Club's challenge this fortnight and she asked us to make 'anything but a card'. I've had to prepare this ahead of time because when this goes live we will be away from home (attending a family funeral and extending our stay). I had very little time to make anything, but remembered that I had a sturdy box that I could alter:


My box isn't in the same league as those that Lizzie makes - click on the link above to see what she gets up to - partly because of lack of time, but mainly because I lack the skill to make anything like she does.

I covered it with some DCWV Christmas paper (although this paper could be used for any time of the year), adding some grosgrain decorated ribbon and some ripple bauble stickers from Hobbycraft, threading some red and white twine through and tying, then adding a few miscellaneous stickers. Very simple, but it will now be used to put some of my Christmas crafting bits and bobs in.

Colours for Christmas card challenges 37:




This is also for:

My craft creations: anything goes
Crafting by designs August anything goes
Dragonfly dreams 8: inspired by a book you read as a child - 'The gingerbread man'

15 comments:

  1. A lovely altered box Hazel, it looks very festive. Enjoy your few days away, albeit not a holiday. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Hazel - a great idea to alter this box and add those Christmas stickers - you will certainly be able to find your Christmas crafty bits - I think it would be really great for those little bits that you never quite know what to do with!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful, decorated box and very useful too. As Sue said, great for keeping all those Christmas bits and bobs in.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your box looks great! It will come inhandy ofr all those loose bits and bobs that we all seem to collect.

    Sorry to hear of your loss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to make your very own Christmas box ... lol! It looks great and yo uwill now where things are. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your far too kind! I think your box is fab! Anyone would love to receive it without anything in, it's a gift in itself.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautifully altered box Hazel so don't put yourself down sweetie!
    I do love the ones that Lizzie makes but not sure if my fingers and my patience will stand up to doing that much scoring, folding and cutting! Have a lovely day Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great box for keeping all your Christmas bits and pieces all in one place. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. up cycling at its best.....great box Hazel...xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely festive box. I have one of those boxes - and use it to keep special cards in. I think I may alter mine too. Great inspiration. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a lovely box Hazel - I hope your day hasn't been too difficult and that you have a lovely extended stay! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel, your box ix lovely, such pretty decorations on it too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. the box is amazing!!!! love it!! Thanks soo much for playing along with Christmas Card challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever idea, Hazel! Gorgeous project. So sorry I’m late commenting. Have a lovely weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous box and I love the Gingerbread Man!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope you'll be back soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated