Pages

Saturday 14 March 2009

365 day 14: DIY

Today's challenge on 365 is DIY: make a flower embellishment out of paper.

I've seen hand torn flowers before, but never tried to make one, but took the plunge. I roughly tore 'circles' and randomly cut into them around the edges - you can see what I've done much better if you click on the picture. Considering it was a first attempt, I'm fairly pleased with the way my flower has turned out. I was going to cut flowers on the cricut, but I thought that was cheating.

The pink spotted paper is Anna Griffin and the dark paper is HOTP.


5 comments:

  1. Very cool flowers, Hazel! This is an awesome technique! Thanks for joining us again today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to make flower shapes, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just intriguing and caught my eye. bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For never having done this type of flower before, you did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel, Sorry I missed this card! So glad I got to come back and check it out. Great job with the challenge! LOve the flower!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated