Pages

Thursday 26 March 2009

365 day 26: color me anything but that!

On 365 today, Pam said: 'I know I have my favorite colors to work with, but I find that I shy away from others, and I suspect that you do, too. I asked DT member Amy to work with her least favorite color to scrap with, and she said that this particular color of purple is one she doesn't use very often.

Okay, now it's your turn to dig around in the bottom of your stash for that color that you don't often use.'

I found this quite difficult, because I love crafting with every colour of the rainbow and like experimenting with different combinations, but the colour that I least work with is orange, so that's what I chose.

I used a sheet of K & Co BW Mira doubled sided paper, so the background was created with one side and the bottom right hand corner was cut from the reverse and stuck over a folded bloom. The orange ribbon on the left was run through the xyron (I think I got this ribbon in a swap - it's been in my box waiting for inspiration). The swirl was cut on the cricut.

The main paper on here looks a bit yellowy, but irl it is definitely orange through and through!

I'm enjoying these 365 challenges and, as well as others, they are helping me build up some stock following my sale for Tearfund that has left it a bit down in parts.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card....I think this challenge is fun...I'm liking all the colors you gals are using...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards as always Hazel. My box is just about empty at the moment too but I think I am going to try to restock it in my sleep LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Hazel! I love orange, but hate yellow, so I guess it's gonna be yellow for me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sure is orange!!! Great job with the challenge!! I love orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love the colors and the swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel this card is fantastic I love the intensity of the color combo. Great job with this challenge.

    Debbie Stelton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Hazel. You have done so well to complete this challenge. Not an easy one I'm sure. xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated