Pages

Friday 6 March 2009

Bright and cheerful Easter card

This card is for Sketch Saturday 40:


I flipped the sketch on its side and made a few adjustments to fit the stamped image size.

I stamped the image quite a long time ago and couldn't remember whether I did it with Stazon - think I did - so didn't dare try to use copics on it, so I went back to Sakura glaze for the flower part and karisma colour for the leaves etc.

The theme on lili of the valley this week is 'bright and beautiful', so I'm linking for that - and also for March 1 challenge on JB set by Bex 'gems'. I have to confess that the gems on the edge of the image panel came about because I smudged a bit of yellow and had to cover it up!

I could find a matching 'Happy Easter', so I ran an orange pad over a cream one.


I found a new challenge blog site - 365 cards - and bookmarked it, but the days have gone by and I hadn't yet done anything for it. However, today (day 6) is 'flashy Friday': the idea is to make the card sparkle - I hope my gems make it sufficiently sparkly!

5 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty. I love that flower! Glad to see you on 365. It's been a quick, but fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Hazel! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us on 365!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card!! Thanks for playing with us over @ 365 cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Hazel another little masterpiece from you this week I love how you coloured the flower it is just stunning
    Hugs \jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Hazel, a lovely reminder of Spring. Thanks for playing along this week.

    Christine LOTV

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated