Pages

Saturday 19 September 2009

Sweet pea decoupage

I wanted to do a card for Ooh-la-la challenge 36: floral fantasy, but couldn't decide what flowers to use. I was all set to use some layered silk or paper flowers (I love using these) when I had a look at the Ooh-la-la downloads and discovered that they had a gorgeous Pyramid Decoupage download for free - beautiful sweet peas.

Challenge 37 on Charisma Cardz this week is: Flower power! so I'm linking this there.

I used the sketch given today for challenge 33 on Card Patterns:



The colours used fit very well with the colour inspiration for Dutch Dare 60:



The sparkly ribbon is quite a feature on the card, so it links with this week on Tuesday Morning and also another one for Paper Maniac challenge 2.

The background papers are BG urban prairie and porcelain.

Day 144 on 365 cards
(yes, still playing catch up!) was 'you raise me up' - Try to incorporate at least TWO ways to add dimension to your card - the decoupage is certainly raised and so is the ribbon, so I think this qualifies.



17 comments:

  1. What a dynamite SANDWICH of challenge fabulousness, Hazel! You are quite a crafty gal! Excellent work here: I'm so impressed! I adore this exquisite card! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty card Hazel, love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word - this is amazing Hazel! Lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel, thank you so much for joining us at Ooh La La Creations with such a stunning card. Hope to see you back again soon. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's incredible Hazel. Super card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really gorgoeus card Hazel beautifully put together. Thanks for joining us at Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a unique card.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Hazel a beautiful card and I am so pleased you liked the freebie , sweet peas are my favourite flowers and always remind me of my parents inlaw, and so many challenges all with one card another Wow
    Thank you so much for joining in Ooh la la challenge this week hopefully we shall see you again
    Wendi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and a fabulous take on the colour inspiration.
    Thank you for joining in the DDCC this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really pretty, love the gorgeous colours.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Charisma this week

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card.


    sherry (aka sherryann)
    www.buttonjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel this is such a beautiful card, my fav flowers and the ribbon is gorgeous
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated