Pages

Tuesday 27 October 2009

In stitches

I used to do a lot of cross stitch, but found that it hurt my back too much to sit doing it and I had to give it up. The piece on this card was made quite some time ago and was just left in a book, waiting to be used some fine day!

Day 220 on 365 cards was 'in stitches' - 'How do you feel about cross-stitching? Well, that's what I'm going to ask you to do. There doesn't have to be much, but if there are any cross-stitchers out there, we'd love to see what you can do on a card!'

'In stitches' is also the topic this week for Ildi Co's challenge 3

It's a bit spoiled, in that I mounted the piece of cross stitched aida on to a piece of black card first and then decided to trim it because the black card didn't look right, leaving the corners showing.

5 comments:

  1. How cute! I've never thought to use cross stitch as an accent to my cards! It looks great, TFS and thanks for joining us at Ildi Co's Creative Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet little cross stitch piece and perfectly sized for a card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, lopts of us started card making with cross stitch, I know I did. That's such a cute nativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this looks great Hazel. If you hadn't of mentioned the black card I don't think I would have thought anything about the black corners. :)

    You are a clever cross stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the cross stitch Hazel :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated