Pages

Thursday 1 October 2009

Salt: Growth

It's Salt challenge day - and I'm afraid that I'm a little late with posting my LO today, but here I am at last.

It was Esther's turn to choose the topic - and Mona last Thursday chose a meditation on growth for her 'in between' slot - neither Esther nor Mona knew what the other was choosing, so it's quite clear that they were both led in the same direction.

You can read what Esther said here and if you didn't manage to stop by Salt last Thursday you can read what Mona wrote in her meditation here.

When reflecting upon this topic to seek to decide what I should craft, it struck me that physically our growth is dependent on many things, but primarily on food for our bodies; so it is in our spiritual life, we need food to sustain our souls and for us to grow in maturity in the faith. Jesus said, 'I am the Bread of Life' - we need Him in our lives and to regularly seek His plan and purpose for us to grow spiritually.

So my LO meditates upon the passage from John 6 where Jesus talked about Himself as the Bread of Life - well worth looking up that chapter and reflecting on it.

The photos of bread were royalty-free ones found on the internet. The textured card is DCWV, the background paper is K & Co McKenna and the patterned strip of paper is K & Co Brookfield.

As always, if you click on the picture you can more easily read what I've written.



If you get time, why not pop along to Salt and read what Esther has to say and see the lovely crafting of the rest of the team - we would appreciate any comments you wish to leave us.

1 comment:

Your comments are very much appreciated