Pages

Thursday 5 November 2009

Joyeux Noel

Last night I tried out a technique using alcohol blending solution to wipe away excess alcohol ink on metallic sheet that had been run through the holly Cuttlebug embossing folder - you can see it here.

The theme for Tanda Teaser 122 is 'metallize!', so I thought I'd dig out the silver metal sheet that I've had stashed away for quite a while and see what I could come up with. The embossed metal sheet also qualifies the card for Try it out Tuesday 41: 'metal musings'.

I've used the sketch on Moving along with the times challenge 19:



The paper is scrapperdashery 'the holly and the ivy - without the ivy', which, being double sided, seemed perfect for making the fold back frame - I cut a cross in the paper, folded back and tore the edges. 'Borders and frames' is the topic of challenge 27 on Fun with shapes and more and The digi kitty Meow Monday challenge this week is 'framed', although I'm not sure whether this card qualifies because I haven't used a digi image. Theme Thursday today is 'borders'.

Challenge 40 on Paperplay is 'parlez vous' - 'French or Spanish, Greek or Japanese, Irish or Catalan, use any language other than English.' - I used an Anna Griffin sentiment stamp for the 'Joyeux Noel'.

As the main colour of the card is green, this is good as another link for the ABC challenge 'G is for Green'.

19 comments:

  1. Hazel, this is so fantastic. It inspires me to get out the metal and the cuttlebug folders to try this technique out for myself. This makes such a gorgeous Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel--your card is beautiful. The holly paper behind gives the illusion of a mirror frosted appearance. Very nice touch.
    I hope in the future you will try a digital stamp--very fun!
    Thank you for playing along with us this week at Digi Kitty. We hope you will play with us again.

    Purrs & Kisses,
    Kristal of Digi Kitty
    Freebies, Challenges & Fun!
    www.thedigikitty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your card is beautiful!! Thank you for playing with us this week over @ Digi Kitty!!!
    xxx
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on giving a new technique a go. Looks like you have worked it out brilliantly. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT x Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great technique Hazel, I'll have to have a play myself! Hope John is doing well! Good to see you doing the teaser!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo I think I saw the same TV program as you did Hazel!!! This is looking brilliant & really shows up the holly leaves. I just need to get myself some metal sheets. Hope John is ok today XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way the holly turned out Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo I love this!! Awesome job on it!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Framed challenge over at Digi-kitty! I hope to see you playing with us in future challenges as well!!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great! I have this holly folder so am going to give it a try on metal! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! I have this holly folder so am going to give it a try on metal! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great! I have this holly folder so am going to give it a try on metal! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great! I have this holly folder so am going to give it a try on metal! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi hazel
    this is stunning!! thanks for joining us at fw sapes & more
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty green..love the gems

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us this week at fun with shapes and more!
    hugs conni

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely festive card, Hazel.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab work Hazel - thanks for joining the Tanda Teaser this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated