Pages

Sunday 3 January 2010

Annoying unwanted comments

Annoyingly I've been receiving a few comments lately that are clearly spam, most of them as anonymous. I've therefore taken the step of not allowing anonymous comments to see if this stops it. I'm really sorry if this is inconvenient for anyone genuine who wishes to comment who can't - it does still include open ID as well as google accounts, so I think most people would still be able to leave comments.

What a nuisance these spammers are.

And if any spammers are reading this, I do remove your comments, so it's not worth your efforts.

9 comments:

  1. What a pest Hazel. Hope this does the trick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel I've been getting the same on my challenge blog and some rather unsavoury remarks too - then today they started on my blog! shame people haven't got anything better to do isn't it...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah HAzel, me too, although my unpleasant person took time to email me her foulness via the link on my blog. Staying ANonymous is just one of the things that makes them tiny and unworthy...as long as you don't take it personally, they're just an inconvenience. Makes you wonder what sort of a kick they get huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. people like that aren't worth the timeof day. You have to protect yourself and others who might see their nastiness I reckon... after all 'If you can't say it to my face etc etc!'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel, I've been having the exact same problem. Will try what you've suggested & see if that helps. The spammers seem to be targeting the same posts time & again on my blog. So, today I took the posts off & put them into drafts.

    Hope they stop for you now Hazel.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small minded morons with nothing better to do.....I hope they leave you alone now Hazel.

    Happy new year to you and John and I hope this one is better than last! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the same probs a few weeks ago hun...and they left spyware on my lappy, which really really really annoyed me...tis a stupid and unwanted thing and goodness knows why they have to do it.....grrrrrrr.....hugs for you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grrrrr - why can't they spend their time doing something useful???

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated