Pages

Saturday 29 January 2011

A touch of lilac

Oh dear - I entered a couple of cards for this week's Play Date cafe challenge 66: colour splash - lilac, but, unfortunately, I didn't look properly and failed to see that the card should have been black and white with a splash of lilac.

So here is a card that I hope fits the challenge. The paper and the large topper was from a pack by 'red line' - when I bought this I thought the toppers were die cut, but they weren't, so I had to cut by hand. I then mounted on to a piece of DCWV textured lilac card and cut round that - the result: a very simple card. The topper is so big that there isn't room for anything else, even though it's a 6 x 6 card - and it hides most of the swirly paper underneath. I added a couple of PM ribbon bows just to add a further little splash of lilac.

This is also for:

Kort o mania 32: create a fantasy (ohhh, when I went into Kort o mania to find the link, I discovered that I'd won a prize for challenge 31 - yippee!!)
ABC: M is for magical
Pollycraft 77: black, white and 1 other colour

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Hazel....this is PERFECT and a lovely 'splash' I must say!
    So glad you had time to re-enter and believe me, you are NOT the first to have this happen...you are in very good company indeed! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel lovely to see you back with an entry that so works with the colours splash challenge! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAzel this card is perfect for the splash!!! SO many beautiful details to adore!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, nice colours together. Thank you for joining us at Kort o mania.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card, I really love the color and the details in your card.
    thanks for joining Kort o mania this week, and congrats on winning one of our price in the last challenge.
    hugs, Benedicte

    ReplyDelete
  7. So delicate, I LOVE this delightful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Love those silhouetted images in the corners, and all that pretty scrollwork. Thanks so much for joining us at the Cafe this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us for the Pollycraft Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Love those adorable gingham bows! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's perfect and your fairies are so cute. Glad you hung in there and gave it another go. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to see you back, this is such a fun entry for our challenge, great use of the colours! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated