Pages

Wednesday 26 January 2011

WOYWW 86

Yes again, Wednesday has come round again with lightning speed, so it's time for WOYWW 86.

I've just got out lots of things so that I can have a play - not sure what I'm going to achieve, but this has been sparked off by the challenge this week on DCM: it's all about me!

Long ago I bought an encaustic art stylus with the intention of trying out some crafting with beeswax heated in my melting pot ... but, until yesterday, I hadn't got round to getting any beeswax. I had been enthused originally by watching Suze Weinberg's videos - and, so, at last, I thought I'd try and put some of my enthusiasm into action.

I might or might not use the supplies in front of me - I'll see how it goes and how the mood takes me. If and when I make anything that is remotely presentable, I'll share it later.

Meanwhile, I'm going to be creative for the sake of it - it will make a change from making things for other people.

You'll notice that I'm going to be working on a canvas (something I'm not that comfortable with, but, hey, I need shaking out of my comfort zone) - it's about 11.5" x 9.5", so quite a nice size to be able to try out lots of techniques and hope that they come together - lol! And it was only £1 from Poundland, so nothing much lost if it turns out to be a distaster.




Update: you can read about the results of my 'playtime' here.

13 comments:

  1. It's looking very tidy at the moment, I think you'll need to show us later when you've got going!!
    Good luck with the canvas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tidy, creative space on your desk - I hope you enjoy working on your new canvas :)
    Have a great WOYWW,
    Karen #84

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to seeing your canvas Hazel...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have lots of fun creating! Excited to see how it goes with the beeswax...getting started is sometimes the hard part, but once you get going...it's hard to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not give up on this technique just yet. Practice some more. I'm told it takes a few times playing with it to become at ease with it. Love to see if have a go at it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's ages since I did encaustic but it is a fascinating craft so good luck with it.
    Thanks for sharing your desk which look real tidy. #11

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great desk and I don't think I have ever heard of encaustic but will google it later.

    I look forward to seeing your creation.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sam # 26
    www.craftychickcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the copics going on in the background of your fab desk. Can't wait for you to explain encaustics and share your work with us.
    Vicki 108 - A little inkling

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spy lots of fun things on your desk today! Love the copics and all the little pots of things. I will check back on the canvas.
    Vickie #59

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having just read the post above this one I know you weren't happy with what this little lot produced. You should have another go though - making canvases is great fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your learning of a new craft. It always takes time and patience to succeed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ditto, don't give up yet...lol Thanks for the peek and sharing, hugs Marjo #7

    ReplyDelete
  13. WTG Hazel! I'm off to have a look at the results....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated