Pages

Saturday 14 July 2012

A welcome change

Having felt so poorly for a couple of weeks now, I didn't feel like making anything very creative, so I made cards mainly using a couple of kits I bought recently - I didn't have to think or make much effort with these.

I felt like a change this morning and so I got our my distress inks and sprays and made a nice inky mess, the remains of which you can see on my hand:


I sprayed on to a cogs mask by Creative Expressions, using a mixture of stream colour wash, some broken china distress ink and a little perfect pearl. I then sponged over this very lightly with a mix of broken china and stormy ski DIs.

The steampunk image was put together digitally using three or four images from My Craft Studio Tinkering with Steampunk CD-rom. I took round the edges of the printed image and lightly distressed with stormy sky.

I was inspired to do this by the inspiration photo that was shown this morning for Allsorts 163:



This is also for:

Desert island crafts 33: I chose: teal, time, inked edges
Going grey with Scrap-creations: use something bought in the last two months (the cogs mask)
Paper make-up digi makeover 44: monochrome
The poodles parlour: use a digi
Blog a doodle: monochrome
Paperminutes 225: shabby chic/vintage
Always crafting creative Mondays 11: for men
Nutcrafters 22: one for the boys
Little Miss Muffet 39: circles
Joanna Sheen: going round in circles
The artistic stamper creative team July: circles
ABC: S for surprise - show us your best
Crafty creations 178: free for all
Tammy scraping corner 18: anything goes
Make it Monday 97
Inspire me Fridays 67
52 card pick up week 28

10 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon! Looks like you had fun getting inky for this card - I like the digi layers you did for your image panel. So glad you could join our monochromatic Digi Makeover Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thos is wonderful, I love the didgi image, the more you look the more you see. EE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation !! Thanks for joining in with Joanna Sheen's Challenge this week.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really different, Hazel. Lovely. Thanks for playing in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased you
    decided to join us for our Challenge.
    Hugs, Founder and Owner of Tammy Scrapin Corner, Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation!!
    Thank you so much for joining with us at Digi Makeover Challenge - hope to see you back again :)

    PMS DT Yolie
    www.justyolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous ! thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper CReative Team challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Hazel love the mask you used and glad you could join us this week at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creation Hazel, love the colour tones on this. Thanks for joining us at LMMS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    I have candy if you’re interested
    http://fleurapassionforcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated