Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

Simply Holly


Carol challenged the Christmas Card Club to make cards without designer paper. I decided to use the sketch 8 for Less is more 104 - they asked that the card stays in this orientation ie that the band remains in the horizontal plane, in the lower part of the card and that it takes up no more than 1/3rd of the height of the cardbase:


I used a 'holly doodles' stamp designed by Sheila Oliver for Tanda Stamps - I haven't used any of these for quite some time, but always enjoy them when I do.

I inked the stamp with versamark and heat embossed with detail black (sadly, knocking the pot over so that some went on the carpet - it had to happen with black, didn't it!) I coloured with copics apple green G14 and strong red R46, also drawing the red lines with R46. This is for CAS-ual Friday 87: make your mark - use markers.

The sentiment stamp was from a set that came with a magazine.

I tried all sorts of ways to get a better photo ... but it didn't happen. The white is much more vivid irl and the embossing shows up brightly.


This is also for Sunday's with Santa on facebook week 2 (yes, I'm behind already): traditional colours.

19 comments:

  1. Wow Hazel I absolutely love this card. Although it is a CAS style it looks amazing and looks like you have spent ages on it. Lovely stamps. Welcome back to another year at the CCC darlin. Big hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel
    Fabulous card.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your cards elegant simplicity Hazel...so very classy!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Hazel, perfectly executed. Glad you enjoyed the challenge. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this - simple with bold pops of colour! I need to find that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! CAS perfection! This would have taken me ages. Thanks for sharing Hazel.
    hugs, A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel...just so simple and perfect really elegant.....hope all goes well at the hospital will be thinking of you both! hugs Margaret
    (dutchess CCC )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel, this is stunning! It's one of those cards that you would find in an expensive boutique - love it! hugs Karen x (CCC)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a classically beautiful CAS card, Hazel! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Hazel and might have to case it! Hope everything went well today, was thinking about you both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel, this is fabulous. I love that stamp, it looks wonderful and super colouring.
    Hope you managed to get up all the embossing powder hun, what a bummer.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hazel this is fabulous!!

    Thanks for Joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great card Hazel, clean and so effective (hope the carpet recovered) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! I love how you used embossing powder and not just ink. I am sure it looks beautiful irl. So sorry that your powder spilled. Hope it wasn't too bad to clean up. Thanks for playing along this week with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely Hazel!
    The panel looks really vibrant!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this Hazel. The mistletoe is fabulous. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this CAS card. That holly and berries stamp is lovely. I like this card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated