Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

Three cards out of one


Last February I made a multi-fold easel Christmas card, but it didn't get used and I wasn't that keen on  it, so didn't see any point in keeping it. But there was no way that I was going to discard it so I decided to take it to pieces and use most of those pieces along with other bits from my offcuts box to make three new cards.

This is the original card and you can read about it here:


And here are the three cards I made:





This is for:

A card a day facebook
Rudolph day 25 January
Pixie's crafty snippets week 57
Christmas cards all year round January: anything goes
Sunday's with Santa facebook week 4: Santa (the first card)
Chococlate, coffee & cards 31: rock on - music related (first and third cards)
Frosted designs fabulous Friday: music (first and third cards)
Crafting by designs: getting ready for Christmas - snowman (second card)
A gem of a challenge 64: holidays
Card caravan (the hybrid chick) 36: winter
Bunny Zoe: anything goes
My Grafico 144: anything goes
Spark your creativity 5: anything goes
Make it Monday 125
Inspire me Fridays 93
52 card pick up 2.4

17 comments:

  1. hiyah hazel!
    oooh they are gorgeous! I have made a big promise to myself to be organised with my cards this year so I had better get on it!!lol!!
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to recycle everything and such pretty cards x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Great job!!

    Cheers!
    ♥Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always in favour of a little selective recycling and stash busting!
    Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous - I especially love the holly berry paper on the second snowman card - it's beautiful!
    All three cards are brilliant... what a great save from something you weren't keen on!
    I've just popped over from Pixie's place to say "hello!",
    TFS
    Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry Hazel, but I have a challenge limit rule on Rudolph Day now . . . 5 additional challenge entries only. As you've entered 16 I'm afraid I will have to remove your entry from my own challenge.

    If you make another Christmas card before the end of the month and only enter it to a max of 5 other challenges, I'd love to see you enter again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, three cards from one - that's great going. I also love the holly backing paper - perfect! Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all three new cards, they all look fa, thanks for joining our challenge at a gem of a challenge and good luck.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I visited MIM and saw your work - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards- I have never made one of the accordion cards- just for that reason- no clue how to make a good dimensional scene....well, your work, deconstructed is great! Saw you at MIM- I am # 65

    ReplyDelete
  11. These just keep getting cuter and cuter Hazel. Thanks so much for joining us at CCAYR this month and we hope to see you back soon. "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, I think the snowman is my favourite, but it's so hard to decide xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhhh! very clever craftiness Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. super jolies tes cartes, mignonnes et élégantes, biz

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, I quite like it in its original form but you did a marvellous job of reinventing it into 3 lovely cards,
    Thanks for linking to MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the original too, but what you have done with the pieces is great! Thanks for joining our challenge at Frosted Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card! Thanks for participating in our Chocolate,Coffee and Cards challenge!!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated