Sunday 24 January 2010

Sweet template

This is for another challenge on CBC, this time for CBC CREW CHALLENGE - CBCC106 - template - Carolyn provided this lovely card as a template:

I've made another card with a gingham cupcake theme, similar to the ones in the last post, but following Carolyn's template:

Sweet gingham

It's quite a while since I played along with the challenges on Crafts by Carolyn, so I thought it was about time I did.

I've made four cards for the CBCcrew challenge - check it out - CBCC107 - Carolyn said: 'how about using an old favourite, dust down your ribbon box and find those ginghams, or you can use paper, fabric or anything else that has gingham check.'

A while ago I bought Dawn Bibby's cupcake kit (Kanban) from QVC, mainly because I wanted the acrylic stamps, but, of course, I got lots of glittery cupcake die cuts etc and background card.

So these are four quick cards that each feature gingham.

Sweet peas

For this card I've used copics for the Copic Colour challenge 48:

Because I chose to stamp and colour on a pink background and blended the deep pink copic with the blue, the blue looks more purple.

The base card was a white one that was ready embossed, from the Forever Friends range, so I'm linking for FF: 'quick and simple'.

I've used the Penny Black stamp 'sweet peas', stamping only a portion of it, which is right for 365 cards day 277: 'just a fraction' - use only part of an image, and the stamp itself is my take on Penny Black 85: 'something sweet' (I was going to use cakes or whatever, but thought sweet peas was a bit different).

This is also for:

Kraftin' Kimmie 14: 'no embellishments'
Stamping sisters in Christ 23: 'use the colour green'
Another one for Incy wincy 26: 'colour me wonderful' - use your favouring colouring medium (copics)
Paperminutes 97: 'colour combo: green/rose'
Glitterbees 2: 'colour challenge: bashful blue, positively pink, certainly celery'
Crazy4challenges 21: 'pretty in pink'
Divine Diva inspiration 20: this is the picture given for inspiration:

I swiped the bottom half of the card with chalk ink and copic, and copic'ed the top half: