Pages

Wednesday 17 October 2007

CBC No ink pad challenge

The challenge crew on Crafts by Carolyn launched a 'no ink pad' challenge a few days ago and there have been so many terrific examples of various ways to achieve such talented results.

I decided to get out my H2Os this morning and use them to paint directly on to the stamp.

For the first two cards I used one of my favourite Magenta stamps, and sprayed with a fine water spray to refresh once I painted with the H20s. I added a few spots of Stickles glitter glue in the centres of the flowers:





For the following cards, I painted H2Os on to the rose stamp and used it over and over again, lightly spritzing the stamp to refresh. To be honest, some of the images I nearly threw away because they weren't perfectly stamped, but by the time I'd used a waterbrush with them, I couldn't tell.

After the first rose was stamped I went over parts of the rose with the H2O and gradually used less paint and more water to blend to achieve the variation in colour:



The next three were done in the same way, but with a bit of Stickles glitter glue added:







The next one had glossy accents added along some of the lines of the rose and leaves:



And the last one had a combination of glossy accents and glitter sprinkled on to it in places:



They honestly looked better irl than on the photos - you can't see the sheen and the gloss.

I have to confess that there was another one, but I was too impatient and started to handle it before the glossy accents had set - it ended up in the bin!



2 comments:

Your comments are very much appreciated