Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2007

Why is it?

Why is it that commissioned cards are often so difficult to do? One of mum's friends has requested a birthday card with a Bible and flowers on - easy enough! But everything I thought of seemed to end up looking more like a condolence card than birthday. This is what I've ended up with (and I just hope she likes it):



I even cut into a piece of 12 x 12 imaginisce Rendez-vous who? which had just a hint of lilac within it which I picked up with the flowers (from ELC).

Kate asked about the Bible - it's an Ellison thin cut die.

7 comments:

  1. Love the ELC flowers. Where do you get the little Bible die-cuts from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a tricky request Hazel but you have managed it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great card Hazel, I m sure it will be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its lovely just the way it is Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek - as commissions go that's a tricky one! A Bible is tough to incorporate in something other than Christening/Communion/Condolence cards, isn't it? I think you did well here Hazel - the colours are soft and feminie and the ribbon makes a very pretty addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very tasteful card. I love lilac and gold and you've met the criteria beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youve done a great job with a difficult brief Hazel-I always struggle with commission cards too

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated