Pages

Saturday 18 October 2008

Cupcake Craft Challenge 9: turn up the heat

In a moment of madness the other day I ordered the TSV on QVC - the Jolly Nation decoupage etc - and this included some shrink plastic sheets with some of the JN characters.

So I decided to use the SP for the 'turn up the heat' challenge on Cupcake.

I'm not entirely happy with this because you can see a mark where I held the pokey tool to stop the SP completely curling in on itself - I wish I'd just let it stray!

Anyway, here is my toddler card (I'm not sure what this card could be used for because the child is too old for a welcome baby card - perhaps it could be used for a first birthday):



I might have a go at another one later and try not to get any dents in it!

I'm also showing this on the CBCC066 challenge: Fantastic Plastic on CBC.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Hazel-I like these Paper Nation characters.

    (when I'm using shrink plastic, once I've stopped heating it, I flip it over so it's wrong side up, and whack an acrylic block on it which helps to get it totally flat and get rid of poky marks)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, I did that, Nic, and it still ended up with a little dent. Better luck next time - strange thing is it hasn't happened before

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent used shrink plastic for ages because i always found it so hit and miss. I like the colours on the figure they look really vibrant. Love paper nation because its not too cutsie - really nice card Hazel I think it would be perfect for a young child

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a cute card. It's fabulous.
    Take care & keep smiling
    Ann
    PS. Congrats on getting your free bus pass :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated